This is a tremendous opportunity for someone seeking to make a difference with her/his skills and experiences, and to join a distinguished organization whose mission is to advance communities across the world. With a focus on education, income and health, United Way Worldwide fights to provide individuals and communities with the building blocks for a good quality of life.
United Way has long partnered with 60,000+ companies worldwide on workplace giving, employee volunteerism and other social purpose activities. Today, companies have desired a simpler, easier way to help their employees change the world. In response to this, a new game changing technology platform has been developed called the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud. The technology not only addresses the changing donor landscape but increases opportunities for United Way Worldwide to better serve and engage even more strategically across the network. This marks a truly exciting time for the organization and partners as new digital services and products inspire, connect and empower social change.
This position is part of the Data Insights and Marketing team, and will lead, design and build data and analytics solutions that support stakeholders across the United Way network. The primary functions of this role are to architect data-centric solutions to deliver donor intelligence and predictive analytics, which will enable United Way to drive donor engagement, acquisition, and retention. This position will also support our next generation digital engagement platform by providing data architecture solutions to ensure a more seamless donor experience and end-to-end view of performance.
United Way Worldwide is undergoing a strategic transformation to centralize and automate data processing and services. This position will work closely with the Digital Services Operating Group, IT and Enterprise Architecture, United Way Worldwide stakeholders, and local United Way staff leads to help the business understand donor needs, experiences and perspectives; retain current accounts; identify opportunities for growth; and strategically plan for the future. United Way Worldwide is building new data services to reinvigorate the way we architect, deliver, and operate the platforms and services that run our non-profit organization. We are looking to add experienced data architects and strategists who can own that vision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Architect, design, and lead the development of features for a complex data analytics environment that conforms disparate data from multiple sources, and who can support multiple types of data ingestion processes such as batch, streaming, and real-time APIs.
- Architect, design, and lead the development of a data and analytics platform that can ingest various data types (structured, semi-structured, unstructured), and provide insight into the reliability of the unified data.
- Provide knowledge and insight as to the implications of business and technical data requirements on our data strategy and advanced analytic practices.
- Develop conceptual, logical, physical and dimensional data models for marketing, digital engagement, and shared CRM platforms to deliver advanced analytic solutions.
- Develop positive relationships with customers, and stakeholders across the United Way network, and interface with United Way teams to define requirements, interfaces, data feeds and implementation needs.
- Employ strategic data analysis to provide insight into donor behaviors and experiences and identify opportunities to maximize optimal outcomes.
- Support data architecture across the SalesForce CRM, SalesForce Philanthropy Cloud, and related SalesForce suite of tools to capture and store information and ensure data lineage and data management practices are followed.
- Design and develop business intelligence solutions to make it easier for everyone to explore data, uncover new insights and take action instantly from any device.
- Proven experience in large-scale data integration efforts and working collaboratively with IT functions in an agile manner.
- Document and store project plans, processes and work products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8+ years working in a data architecture, data engineering, or data science role, with experience analyzing and managing diverse data types and making actionable recommendations to business partners or clients.
- Database Management, Relational databases and data structures, Data mining, Report Generation, SQL, VBA, and advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Must be able to create pivot table, workflow charts, work with formulas in Excel. Ability to generate reports and data mine with multiple databases and perform complex analysis.
- Ability to analyze data and resolve complex data issues and inaccuracies to improve data quality and trust in data across global organizations.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented individual with the ability to drive results.
- Must be able to establish and develop strong relationships with departmental and organizational leaders, and champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and improvement while upholding our core values.
- Ability to understand complex organizations and systems.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, goal-oriented, team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.