This is a tremendous opportunity for someone seeking to make a difference with her/his skills and experiences, and to join a distinguished organization whose mission is to advance communities across the world. With a focus on education, income and health, United Way fights to provide individuals and communities with the building blocks for a good quality of life.
United Way has long partnered with 60,000+ companies worldwide on workplace giving, employee volunteerism and other social purpose activities. Today, companies desire a simpler, easier way to help their employees change the world. In response to this, a new game changing technology platform has been developed called the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud (SPC). The technology not only addresses the changing donor landscape, but also increases opportunities for United Way Worldwide to better serve and engage strategically across the network. This marks a truly exciting time for the organization as new digital services and products inspire, connect and empower social change.
This position will lead, design and build the data and business intelligence (BI) products that support Digital Services for the US and International United Way Network, and the reporting needs for corporate partners who have adopted SPC. This individual needs to be a professional data visualization expert, with a design mentality, and solid experience using multiple BI applications to help stakeholders visualize the power of data insights.
The position will work closely with the United Way Worldwide Research team, the Digital Services team, the US and International Network teams, the IT and Enterprise Architecture team, and the Data Insights team. They are responsible for gathering stakeholder requirements for reporting design and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and for building the report catalog that will serve as the outward face of the brand to network and corporate partners alike.
This person will be responsible for the Self-Service Center of Excellence (COE), and support the US Network with reporting templates, reporting and KPI guidelines, and best practices for insights development and data visualizations. This role will also push report templates – based on stakeholder needs - to the network for broader consumption and standardization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across a highly matrixed organization to develop the data, KPI, and reporting requirements.
- Build a work plan by analyzing data flows, outlining dependencies, and communicating technical needs to the data architects, data engineers, and data scientists who will support data and application requirements.
- Have excellent client interaction, problem solving & communication skills.
- Have a high-level understanding of data modeling techniques and relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza, Teradata).
- Analyze data quality within reports, and be able to front-line troubleshoot, conduct root cause analyses, and assign for resolution; escalating as needed.
- Have an excellent understanding of Data Visualization best practices, and how to lead, support, and maintain a Self-Service COE.
- Conduct design reviews and oversee QA functions for the BI delivery applications, and ensure system and integration test plans are developed and executed.
- Develop and maintain advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
- Adopt brand guidelines in all dashboard and reporting solutions.
- Document and store project plans, processes and work products.
- Must be able to present to stakeholder teams and showcase the value of the Data & BI Products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience developing Data Visualization solutions using Tableau, PowerBI, and/or Alteryx. Experience with Salesforce Einstein, Qlikview, and Information Builder products is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative research or analytics role, analyzing data and making actionable recommendations to business partners or clients. Consulting experience at multiple clients is a plus.
- Ability to analyze data, and proficient in statistical analysis techniques. Previous experience resolving complex data issues and inaccuracies.
- Strong experience writing complex SQL is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated accuracy with details and commitment to high standards of quality.
- Use Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce Einstein, and/or Alteryx for the creation of dashboards, standard reports, ad-hoc reports, and self-service solutions.
- Work with multiple disparate data sources in Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, Salesforce Einstein and/or Alteryx, and support topics such as complex calculations, table calculations, parameters, geographic mapping, and performance optimization.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented individual with the ability to drive results.
- Must be able to establish and develop strong relationships with departmental and organizational leaders, and champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and improvement while upholding the values of the organization.
- Ability to understand complex organizations and systems.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, goal-oriented, team environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.