Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of Central New Mexico (UWCNM) serves the people of five counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Torrance, and Valencia. Its mission is to bring people and resources together to measurably improves lives and strengthen our communities.
UWCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government, and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in Central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity.
UWCNM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and is seeking a Director of Corporate Relations who will contribute to this cross-functional organizational initiative and uphold the following values:
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Manage and direct the activities of the workplace campaign Corporate Relations Officers and Campaign Coordinators, including supporting campaign volunteers and Employee Campaign Managers. Work within the entire Corporate and Donor Relation Team to build workplace campaigns, leadership and corporate giving, and other duties as assigned.
Manage Corporate Relations Campaign Team
- Manage and direct the activities of the workplace campaign Corporate Relations Officers. With the CCRO, evaluate the workload and campaigns managed by leadership staff, Corporate Relations Officers and Campaign Coordinators.
- Support the Corporate Relations Officers in managing the activities of the Campaign Coordinators during the campaign and in recognizing the Campaign Coordinators following the campaign.
- Co-direct the activities of the Corporate Relations Team Administrator.
- Ensure Corporate Relations Officers (CROs) collect and enter data as needed for reporting, campaign evaluation and planning. Work with CCRO to ensure complete and accurate stewardship, reporting and recognition of donor and corporate gifts.
- Responsible for all employee relations activities for CROs, including performance evaluations, goal development and recognition.
- Work with CCRO to manage the budget for workplace campaign expenses.
Manage Volunteer and Temporary Staff Recruitment
- Support the CROs in the recruitment of Campaign Cabinet volunteers and Employee Campaign Managers. Ensure recognition of all workplace campaign volunteers.
- With CROs, target companies for Campaign Coordinator recruitment and sponsorship.
- Manage process to interview, hire, train, evaluate and recognize Campaign Coordinators.
Manage Staff and Volunteer Training
- Serve as or support CROs as primary liaison for the Employee Campaign Managers Council. Supervise and guide CROs in creating and implementing Employee Campaign Manager training.
- Manage the training of the Campaign Coordinators.
Manage Portfolio of Workplace Campaigns
- Provide all primary campaign development and support for key accounts.
- Work with CCRO to determine the distribution of key accounts among the Corporate Relation and Leadership Team.
- Accurately collect company/employee data and pledge documentation from assigned accounts and makes sure current pledges and data get to the Pledge Processing team to ensure accurate and timely processing. Ensures CROs have the necessary skills and training to do the same for their assigned accounts.
- Maintains a high level knowledge of all large campaigns and helps assigned CROs with their campaign progress and reporting as needed.
- Understands and uses reporting regarding assigned accounts, including reporting from third parties, other United Ways, and campaigns processed in-house. Works with IT/reporting team and Pledge Processing Team to get and correctly use said data. Makes sure CROs have the necessary skills and training to do the same for their assigned accounts.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to volunteers, donors and staff. Provide supportive leadership for Corporate Relations Officers, including time and task management assistance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including concise, professional writing and public speaking to myriad audiences.
- Requires high level of organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work both independently and within a team. Must be highly organized to meet deadlines, yet flexible to meet changing needs and unexpected requests.
- General attributes include ability to manage staff, support volunteers and develop projects simultaneously, track results, respect diversity, offer strong self-motivation and positive attitude, a willingness to commit to the values of the organization and a desire to build community.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Community Development, Social Work, English or related field and at least five years experience in fundraising, development, volunteer coordination and/or social work. Excellent written communication skills and proven public speaking experience required. Successful personnel and volunteer management experience required. Knowledge of local community a plus.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and attention to details are critical in this position. Flexibility, independence, critical thinking and decision-making skills are required to succeed in this position. The position requires a commitment to working in team settings, an understanding of internal and external customers, including staff and volunteer management.
Must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends to attend a variety of events. Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license and have daily access to a dependable motor vehicle with insurance.
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 - $65,000, dependent upon experience
Standard PC based office equipment.
Standard office environment. Position is primarily an office setting, requiring long periods of sitting at a desk and computer. The position requires the ability to lift 20 pounds unassisted, 40 pounds with assistance.
Interested applicants should supply a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, February 25.
United Way of Central New Mexico is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.