About United Way:
We are the Uniters. We bring people together to solve problems. We identify the most pressing issues in our community, and we bring together the people we think can solve them. United Way funds agencies that, working together, can address the nuances of complex problems like homelessness or the academic achievement gap. We create programs and initiatives to fill unmet needs. We deploy volunteers and socially responsible companies as the engines of change and the feet on the street, delivering hope to people in need. We raise funding through generous donors who understand that social change can't happen without it.
The United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is seeking a Director, Corporate Partnerships who will embrace the work of United Way of becoming a more diverse and inclusive organization. United Way is assembling a Development team of passionate and committed individuals to help build and implement a development operation that is as extraordinary as its mission at an exciting time for United Way. Following the 2020 arrival of a new CEO, who comes with deep experience of driving scaled and sustainable impact in the nonprofit sector, United Way is amidst a deep redesign of its strategy and operations. Building on its core strength of mobilizing the caring power of communities, it is undergoing an extensive effort to re-imagine the civic engagement and impact it can have in the region.
Top organizational priorities include putting economic justice and racial and ethnic equity at the center of the region's future, leveraging strong nonprofit and government relationships, redesigning corporate partnerships, and leaning into core DEI values to optimize talent.
Today, United Way is in the process of evolving its corporate partnership model to better align with the more focused human impact it seeks to deliver. Corporate partnership opportunities with United Way will:
- Seek to align with partners' ESG, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, social impact, employee engagement priorities, hiring, and other business and social priorities.
- Provide ways for companies to actively lead around United Way Impact Areas
- Offer a menu of employee engagement experiences such as impact-driven fundraising campaigns and hands-on volunteering
- Generate quantitative and qualitative impact reports shared with key stakeholders
- Activate corporate financial products, services, and subject matter experts to help increase economic prosperity.
United Way is confident that it can deepen investment in community-led strategies to achieve economic prosperity throughout the region. Join our team. Because together, we can do more than any of us can do alone.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships is an integral part of the team charged with securing funds from leading corporations and strengthening relationships within the portfolio. The Director, Corporate Partnerships is expected to spend the majority of their time in the community meeting and interfacing with key constituents and prospects to promote United Way to new and existing corporate partners, building values-aligned relationships, and generating revenue within a defined portfolio of partners within the corporate community. The Director, Corporate Partnerships will also develop and carry out a plan for their assigned portfolio of corporate partners, which includes using all United Way donor acquisition models (workplace campaigns, leadership events, affinity groups, community engagement, etc.).
This position will be reporting to the SVP, Development and will work alongside the Corporate Partnerships team, Individual Giving team, and Engagement team. The outward-facing role will require the candidate to have business development or fund development experience, leadership abilities, and willingness to open doors to personal and professional networks to drive new investments.
Manage Key Corporate Partnerships/Individual Relationships for significant revenue growth.
- Direct responsibility for building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with a portfolio of key corporate partners and individuals, focusing on revenue growth through workplace campaigns and corporate philanthropy/social responsibility. In conjunction with the SVP, Development, the Director will create annual and long-term investment strategies and action steps needed to secure additional financial support for United Way. Encourage corporate partners to offer United Way engagement opportunities to their employees regularly and engage companies and individuals in key United Way events that occur annually, such as Board Connection and the Thanksgiving Project. Additionally, if a company has a philanthropic area of focus, work with their campaign team and/or corporate social responsibility department to align their efforts with one of United Way's corresponding impact areas. Represent United Way at key corporate and community events throughout UWMBMV service area. Track revenue generation, retention, cultivation and new business activity throughout the year and provide monthly projections against goals.
- Work closely with the Individual Giving team and the Engagement team to cultivate and grow relationships with individual major donors within workplace campaigns. Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals.
- Work successfully within the Development Department and other UW departments to coordinate and communicate support needs/requirements and to maximize time in the community. Engage in weekly team meetings, organization-sponsored trainings and team-building events.
- High-level compelling and clear communication skills are necessary in this role, which will have constant interaction with both external and internal stakeholders. The Director will be expected to capture and maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in the database in order to determine both individual and team progress toward organizational objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of 5-7 years of equivalent consultative sales or fundraising experience in either the private sector or non-profit setting.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley to build an economically just region.
- Focused sales/marketing experience with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building, applied consultative sales skills, demonstrated success with effective listening skills.
- Well-connected network and willingness to open doors to new investment opportunities
- Experience constructing sales pitches, presentations, and demonstrations.
- Strong customer service skills and detailed knowledge of customer relationship management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to relate to a diverse group of individuals or organizations effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and organizational change.
- Thirst for knowledge, desire for constant learning.
- Manage expectations of internal team members effectively and a strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consensus and to tie United Way impact and engagement to partner needs.
- All UWMB staff are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Health and Dental coverage - individual and family - premium cost share
- Paid Time Off - 15 vacation days, 15 sick days, 11 paid Holidays, Floating Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) with match and an additional base contribution depending on years of service
- Group Life and Long-term Disability
- "Serve United" time off for volunteering
- Optional employee-paid vision insurance
- Hybrid work environment
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000 per year
United Way of Massachusetts Bay is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of our communities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.