We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC) unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting.Come be a part of the pinnacle nonprofit in our community!
United Way of Greater Kansas City, is searching for a Director of Corporate Partnerships who believes that solutions to complex social problems are possible when Kansas Citians are united for transformative change. Primary responsibility is to grow revenue by initiating, building and sustaining relationships in assigned corporate partnerships portfolio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and define strategies to increase annual revenue, attract and retain donors and promote year-round engagement within assigned portfolio.
- Build cohesive relationships with business partner champions to elevate United Way’s value proposition.
- Increase participation and average giving by building a network of United Way ambassadors within business partner relationships.
- Support and implement strategies to develop relationships, strategies may include sharing data, creating customized campaign activities, personalizing the relationship, etc.
- Openly communicate with Development Team leadership on key developments that have potential on corporate accounts and relationships.
- Proactively identify corporate prospects and align company goals to the number of ways they may partner with the United Way via employee giving campaigns, corporate match programs, corporate gifts or sponsorships.
- Support growth and strategic plans for portfolio of accounts.
- Stay apprised of trends or issues in relevant industries that affect business climate or culture, and economic environment which could impact fund development.
- Work with UWGKC’s Community Impact team to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWGKC goals and priorities to key stakeholders.
- Evaluate opportunities to enhance the employee giving campaign and make suggestions for improvement.
- Serve as primary account manager to an assigned portfolio of corporate partners, leveraging internal team members on the Marketing and Community Impact Team to support and execute partner-specific engagement.
- Initiate face-to-face meetings with executives and key influencers to discover business and philanthropic interests within assigned portfolio.
- Engage customers in United Way’s mission and work through investment opportunities, sponsorships, volunteer engagement and advocacy.
- Work in partnership with Individual Giving staff to support the design and execute cultivation plans for Leadership and Tocqueville Society donors that will result in retention and growth in giving.
- Demonstrate exemplary stewardship by providing necessary and timely feedback on investments, program information, and progress toward our community goals to company representatives, donors and volunteers.
- Advocate for UWGKC’s work through effective and compelling communication to advance engagement and brand value.
- Recruit, support and manage executive level volunteers to assist in solicitation and stewardship calls with business partner stakeholders.
- Partner with the Marketing Team to connect company representatives and individuals with tours, impact opportunities and other volunteer projects.
- Lead, direct and supervise assigned employee giving staff by developing and coaching to create a motivated, high performing team to reach the strategic goals of UWGKC.
- Assure coordinated and clear individual and team goals are identified and monitored.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members while promoting individual thinking and innovation.
- Openly communicate and collaborate with each team member through regular meetings.
- Provide ongoing leadership, training, and supervision for Corporate Partnership staff members, including assignment of work responsibilities, participation in hiring process, and for improvements as necessary.
- Request and review regular reports to assess progress of campaigns, develop process improvement recommendations.
- Maintain accurate donor information in appropriate databases on a regular and consistent basis.
- Provide campaign contacts information necessary to complete a successful campaign.
- Seek to understand needs in advance and provide proactively to delight contacts.
- Regularly assess progress to goals, identifying what drives and impedes progress, work to develop solutions to address gaps.
- Contribute to building a positive, results-oriented, donor-centric culture that delivers upon UWGKC’s mission driven strategic, operational and financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in the field in nonprofit management, public administration, business, public relations, communications, marketing, or another related field
- 3 - 5 years of successful sales or fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, demonstrated intellectual curiosity, ability to resolve conflict constructively, strong performance management and evaluation capabilities including the willingness and ability to ensure accountability.
- Demonstrated leadership in relationship building and management, both inside and outside UWGKC is critical. The ability to think strategically and create commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWGKC’s focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Must have the ability to prepare, explain, and monitor performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWGKC team.
- Proficient computer/CRM experience required.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive data.
United Way of Kansas City offers a competitive benefits package including full health and dental coverage; Three-weeks paid vacation; 403B with company match; flexible office culture; employee development opportunities and a hybrid work environment.