Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
We are searching for an entrepreneurial Director of Corporate Engagement who is a leader in building relationships, cultivating partnerships, and developing and executing strategies to increase revenue and resources under management to be part of our United Way team located in Hartford CT.
As the Director of Corporate Engagement, you will lead an externally focused team, driving success to achieve or exceed annual and multi-year revenue and engagement goals. With a primary focus on the corporate area, you the Director of Corporate Engagement will be both relationship-oriented and data driven. The Director will serve as a cross-functional champion to raise revenue for United Way’s mission and will be a creative, innovative, and agile partner in developing strategies that lead to growth.
This position is based in Hartford, CT with a flexible, remote schedule available.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the corporate engagement team to design and implement short- and long-term goals that increase revenue growth and minimize risk.
- Lead and develop team members by providing ongoing training, coaching and the necessary support to meet or exceed goals.
- Lead team through change creating pathways to success and accountabilities. Approach role with a growth mindset.
- Evaluate campaign performance data to identify potential growth opportunities and areas of concern.
- Working closely with team members to create data driven evaluation of performance opportunities and risks.
- Integrate resource strategies into teamwork plans. Assume lead role in managing select strategies and stewardship segments. Measure and evaluate results to report on progress. Work closely with Individual engagement, leadership giving community impact and volunteer engagement teams to build fundraising plans and set goals.
- Work with partnership managers to set and execute long-term cross-functional strategic plans for select corporate partners, using data analysis to drive metrics and best practices. Lead team in development of goal-setting figures, projections, engagement visits and other key campaign metrics. Ensure quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Ensure high-level results and team engagement by establishing and sustaining a network of relationships within companies including CEOs, senior executives, and other employees.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of the annual workplace campaigns and special events
- Manage selected strategic workplace relationships.
- Develop strategies to ensure year-round relationships with workplace partners, employees in the workplace, raise revenue and increase resources under management.
Management and Cross-Functional Duties:
- Coach and supervise development team which includes providing opportunities for professional growth and development to achieve organizational goals and objectives; ensuring that staff understand and embrace United Way’s organizational values and brand value proposition; and fostering a positive team culture.
- Facilitate effective communication among development managers, full Marketing and Development team and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with the finance department to report dollars produced from all sources to auditors, United Way Worldwide, and others as requested.
- Work with Vice President to create timeline budget and forecast to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Ensure there is a system to maintain all statistical data (dollars, donors, lapsed and new donors) for workplace campaigns, leadership giving, affinity groups, and alternate revenue.
- Ensure ongoing learning opportunities to ensure that staff is up to date on nonprofit, social, economic, and political issues facing our community and how United Way’s community partnerships and investments are changing lives; and to ensure that staff understand the philanthropic needs and aspirations of employers, and United Way’s role in meeting those needs.
- Ensure effective management as a member of the organization’s Expanded Leadership Team
- Attend board of directors’ meetings and other internal/external meetings as required.
- Represent United Way at community and business events as required including in and out of state.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field required.
- Minimum five years fundraising, or sales experience required.
- Experience in workplace giving and/or corporate philanthropy preferred (United Way and/or corporate workplace giving campaigns)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, and Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Entrepreneurial, strategic thinker and solution oriented.
- Inspirational, can do spirit leadership.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities, and able to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and orally.
- Ability to keep their composure with the public and co-workers in everyday, stressful situations.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while at times under pressure.
- Solid relationship management skills enhancing internal organizational relations, external community interactions, and in business development opportunities.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Driver’s license and valid transportation required.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: email@example.com No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and members of structurally marginalized and/or underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. Few candidates will meet 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.