Position: Director, Corporate Engagement
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Corporate Engagement
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Overview: This position primarily responsible is to manage and retain an existing company portfolio of partnerships and cultivate new ones. The role of the Director is to know their clients’ businesses to develop and monitor effective strategies that leverage the unique interests and missions of each corporate client in their portfolio. The Director will also manage the Loaned Executive Program, providing an overarching structure for all LEs to ensure a positive LE experience.
- Set enrollment and fundraising goals for her/his accounts
- Develop annual and long-term strategies for engagement within their portfolios
- Understand the organizational structure of corporations in their portfolio
- Cultivate accounts in efforts to increase both corporate and donor dollars to support fiscal year revenue goals
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key decision makers
- Manage corporate/donor communication and data via Andar
- Other duties as assigned
Relationship Management - The Director is the primary relationship manager for a number of top UWNYC Workplace Campaigns. It is their job to connect with executives and volunteers to forge strong relationships and provide them with both strategic leadership and tactical support. S/he will work closely with their corporate partners to identify and cultivate donors inside client corporations. This position is responsible for overseeing volunteerism and curating employee engagement initiatives in partnership with the Volunteerism team.
Loaned Executive – The Director is responsible for the implementation and execution of UWNYC’s Loaned Executive program. In collaboration with the Associate of Corporate Engagement, the director is responsible for implementing the structure of the program including an informative and inclusive onboarding, ongoing professional development opportunities and project assignment. The Director should ensure the LEs have a challenging and rewarding experience, the company is provided feedback and visibility into the program and the department received the support needed during the busy campaign season.
Collaboration with UWNYC Staff - The Director is responsible for maximizing internal UWNYC resources to service corporate accounts.
- Coordinate and lead the strategic work for corporate volunteer projects
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Department to ensure the timely and professional delivery of appropriate messaging and materials
- Collaborate with analyst to ensure effective and efficient processing of workplace giving contributions and gifts
- Coordinate with peers responsible for event implementation and logistics
- Partner with other UWNYC staff to maximize opportunities to obtain corporate and foundation support from the accounts they manage and, to execute affinity group and other donor member programs within their accounts
- Serve as an internal point person around UWW policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the proper administration of recognition, reporting and other donor acknowledgments and communications
- Managing optimal utilization of database tools for tracking and communicating with donors in their accounts
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience holding progressively responsible positions in nonprofit development
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, presentation and public speaking skills
- Astute listener, able to understand, reflect, and incorporate clients’ and peers’ needs and interests
- Effective at engaging with top level corporate executives
- Adept at translating program partnerships and outcomes in order to communicate UWNYC’s value in the community and build a case for member support
- Innovative thinker with track record of translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Presence and confidence to project credibility to donors and peers
- Ability to handle multiple projects and quickly “change gears” as needed
- Familiarity with database and customer relationship management tools
- A passion for UWNYC’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
- Drives Revenue
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Embracing and Managing Change
- Entrepreneurial and Innovative
- Fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Background check
How to apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the title "Director, Corporate Engagement" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer