We believe in the power of language, framing and narrative to advance social change in our region. This position will create high-level messaging, stories and touchpoint content to build United Way's brand as a key voice on issues advancing economic opportunity in our region such as reducing income disparities, ensuring stable housing, expanding access to quality child care and creating education and career pathways for youth.
Equal parts storyteller and strategist, the Director of Content Marketing will work with the Public Affairs team to create compelling top-line messaging and narratives that deepen connections with our audiences, capturing the attention of influencers, donors, corporate partners, grassroots supporters and our communities. United Way of Massachusetts Bay is at an exciting moment of redefining our role in the community, and we are looking for a skilled creator of asset-framed messaging and content that will build public will and help advance a movement for change, position United Way as a thought leader and mobilize individuals to take action. In addition to writing content to engage our various audience segments, the Director will work closely with the Public Affairs and Development teams to specifically manage, optimize and grow email campaigns and our direct marketing efforts.
- Create overarching messaging platforms and write specific touchpoint content that raises awareness of the issues United Way is addressing, highlights our unique role and partnerships and advances the organization's strategic direction. These message platforms will also inform major events, direct mail campaigns, donor journeys, recruitment of corporate partners, and cultivation of key stakeholders and donor audiences.
- Work with the Public Affairs team to develop audience segmentation and personalization strategies that highlight our thought leadership, grow our lists and rally our supporters to take action, volunteer, donate, share and advocate.
- Create a bank of effective social impact and storytelling content for multimedia use, including impact stories for our focus areas.
- NOTE: This role will influence our social media content but does not hold social media responsibilities
- Outstanding writing skills, with proven experience in crafting compelling, persuasive messages for specific audience segments on a variety of platforms.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate them into simple language.
- Experience in asset-based framing and its power to change the conversation and create meaningful social impact
- Experience writing for issue-based campaigns a plus
- Creative, flexible, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years' experience in content marketing and direct marketing.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and to the mission of the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley.
- All UWMB employees are required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.