The United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties (UWLBL) advances the common good by creating opportunities for a better life for all. Our focus is on Education, Income and Health – the building blocks for a good quality of life. We recruit people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. Through a variety of efforts including an annual workplace fundraising campaign, fund distribution activities, community assessments and cross-sector collaborations United Way encourages others to give, advocate, volunteer and LIVE UNITED.
General Position Summary:
This position is responsible for the organization’s external community relations. In this role, the Director of Community Relations has three primary areas of focus that encourage the community to invest in, learn more about, and engage with United Way across a three-county territory (Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties in Oregon):
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Donor Engagement
- Resource Development & Fundraising
- Marketing and Public Relations (50%)
- Develop messaging and communications to clearly convey the United Way story and impact work:
- Oversee the creation and production of all donor communications, including annual and endowment campaign materials, solicitation and acknowledgement letters and mass communications, including e-communications.
- Produce marketing communication collateral that highlight objectives, successes, and connection to the community goals. Develops processes and systems to ensure the information is accurate and agreed upon by all involved parties.
- Obtain, write and format success stories from donors, recipients, volunteers, and agencies.
- Create messaging for campaign volunteers and train speakers on key message points.
- Collaborate across departments to produce and post compelling content for the organizations website to ensure that the site makes it easy for visitors to give, advocate or volunteer in support of UW’s community impact goals.
- Work cross-functionally to execute effective targeted communications plans aligned with prioritized donor segments and organizational strategies. Serve as a primary writer for donor messaging.
- Increase UW’s social media presence including regular use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Acts with customer in mind to create marketing strategies designed to grow financial resources.
- Donor Engagement (30%)
- Oversee the creation, development, and execution of strategic individual engagement opportunities, including but not limited to Affinity Groups (such as Women United or Emerging Leaders), Tocqueville Society, Leadership Donors, and Diamond Donor recognition:
- Create/update and manage the business plans for each group, thereby guiding the work and establishing the function of each group
- Manage affinity group budgets to include the advertising, events and other costs associated with affinity group management
- Lead in efforts to achieve measurable goals designed to expand and deepen membership engagement.
- Develop, test, promote and periodically refresh value-added membership portfolio.
- Collaborate with resource development staff in acquiring new members in and out of the workplace campaign.
- Prepare data-based reports on each of the affinity groups to measure progress and drive future success and develop suggestions to further the effectiveness of the affinity group activities and strategies
- Resource Development & Fundraising (20%)
- Plays an active role in cultivating donor and event / program sponsorships.
- Maintains a limited portfolio of campaign accounts and executes the development, design, implementation and evaluation of said campaigns, while incorporating corporate social responsibility match making practices, volunteer efforts, and year-round relationships.
- Manages the Direct Mail Solicitation Campaign.
- Manages relationships with donors to promote best practices
- Manages the activities associated with the creation, coordination and implementation of new and existing fundraising activities and special events and works with event sponsors to ensure all needs are met for both the sponsor and event.
- Participates in the product development process to match current donors and corporations to their specific interests throughout the United Way mission.
- Cultivates new business and works to grow undervalued accounts through strategic outreach analyzing the fundraising potential of existing and prospective community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience of successful marketing, corporate communications, fundraising / sales and donor / customer engagement experience.
- From prior work experience(s), demonstrate the ability to work successfully in a dynamic team environment. Also demonstrate ability to provide excellent customer relations. Demonstrate ability to create positive and productive relationships with volunteers and illustrate examples of detail-oriented project management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills (i.e. written, verbal)
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Database management and report generation.
- Organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Analyzing financial and statistical data.
- Budgeting and fiscal management.
United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Salary & Benefits:
- $45,000 to $70,000 Annual Salary
- Benefits include Health, Dental and Life Insurance.
- Reimbursements for Local Travel Mileage and Mobile Phone.
To apply for this position, please email a Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
President & Chief Executive Officer
United Way of Linn, Benton & Lincoln Counties
P.O. Box 905
Albany, OR 97321
Applications are due by May 14, 2021