The Director of Community Investment is responsible for managing UWSWLA's efforts to create collective impact and support an informed change movement and to advance the common good in United Way's areas of focus. The success of UWSWLA organizational strategies and community level outcomes significantly relies on the effective leadership of this staff member.
As a member of the UWSWLA leadership team, this staff member provides task leadership to monitor organizational ends, educates and consults with the leadership team on the progress and results of all UWSWLA programs, investments and collaborations, and integrates strategic plan elements into meeting discussions. The Director works collaboratively with leadership team members in product development to secure needed funding for approved products and investments.
The Director of Community Investment is responsible for all research; community program investments; and incubation of internal programs along with accountability for their outcomes. The Director must develop a department team that is effective in working cross-functionally within United Way and with the community.
The Director is responsible for fostering impact department staff performance.
The Director of Community Investment provides critical support to management through coalition leadership and engagement, resource acquisition, and by coordinating strategic planning activities.
- Community Engagement and Relationship Management
- Resource Mobilization
- Community Impact Evaluation and Results
- Grant Writing
- Strategic Alignment and Adaptive Leadership
- Operational Leadership
- Management of Community Investment
- Research Management
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.