United Way of St. Clair County
Director of Community Impact/Direct Services
The United Way of St. Clair County operates with a small, but committed and energetic staff to raise funds and enhance services for the local human service provider's network. All employees are expected and needed to be active contributing team players. The United Way is operated under the most stringent financial scrutiny and all staff members must be ever conscious of accountability and professional conduct.
Position Status: Full Time/Exempt
- Receives and addresses all information and referral calls or visitors
- Acts as case manager for assistance clients
- Documents and researches appropriate requests for assistance
- Recommends cases to receive assistance, providing rationale, to Executive Director
- Fills out and submits all check requests after approval by Executive Director
- Securely maintains all paper work and computer reporting regarding clients
- Maintains working knowledge of direct service funds and balances available
- Acts a United Way of St. Clair County representative to community committees/programs as assigned
- Maintain, organize, and distribute medical equipment from Medical Loan Closet as needed
- Manage and maintain complete records of grant applications and required support documents in eCImpact.
- Compile data on outcomes and prepare reports analyzing the data collected yearly
- Develop and support all volunteer procedure for Citizens Review Committee
- Provide administrative support, including scheduling meetings and distributing agendas for meetings
- Work with organizations providing excellent customer service
- Assist in development of print and social media materials for Marketing and Communication
- Coordinate, prepare and facilitate affiliate organization meetings and trainings
- And such other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in database management or administration, including volunteer engagement and meeting facilitation
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with diverse social/economic audiences in groups and one-on-one. Proven effective oral communication and writing skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, showing initiative, creativity, self-discipline, effective time and project management skills, as well as ability to work closely with and support UWSCC staff and volunteer teams, community leaders, donors, and other partners
- Must have strong knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel). Some knowledge of accounting principles and practices required.
- A commitment to the philanthropic sector, the quality of life for residents of St. Clair County and the vison and mission of UWSCC
Physical Requirements: Standard office environment, position is primarily an office setting. Physical demands include sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time: bending, lifting, regularly moving between offices, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of telephone, copier, fax, and computer. Reliable transportation required. Job involves occasional early morning, evening and weekend meetings and other events.
Salary range: $30,000 – 35,000 yr.
Competitive Salary includes comprehensive benefits and retirement package