Purpose and Scope of Job:
Under the leadership of the President/Chief Executive Officer, directs the development and implementation of United Way of Southwestern Indiana’s community impact efforts. Operationally, provides leadership in various multi-sector community improvement efforts and oversees the allocation of UWSWI resources towards the organization’s community impact priorities. Supervises and directs various Community Impact staff, interns and volunteers as needed.
Community Impact – 75%
1. Analyze and lead the planning, execution and overall management of United Way of Southwestern Indiana’s community impact strategies in conjunction with the community impact staff, community leaders, partners, investors, and board members.
2. Articulate the community impact model of community investment through internal grant making opportunities.
- Mentor staff and volunteers to effectively translate these (as well as the organization’s "products") in ways that increase the organization’s ability to meet the needs of the community and satisfy the wishes of donors for investments that achieve lasting impact.
- Provide training and educational opportunities to expand knowledge and competency in measurable impact, collective impact and collaboration.
- Ensure accountability for the evaluation, allocation and fund distribution processes.
- Cultivate and enhance strong relationships with individuals and organizations critical to the achievement of the UWSWIs community impact goals, including outreach to Warrick and Spencer Counties.
3. Assist with the development and inclusion of Policy and Advocacy into Community Impact Agenda.
4. Assist with the development and inclusion of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into Community Impact Agenda.
5. Provide oversight and program development and implementation of internal programs.
6. Oversee Community Impact staff development through training, direction, coaching and supervision including the assignment and review of work assignments.
7. Maintain an understanding and knowledge of community issues and needs, as well as the needs of non-profit agencies and special populations that will inform and motivate community leadership to partner with United Way of Southwestern Indiana.
- Oversee the convening of community conversations to obtain public knowledge.
- Provide support, educational and organizational capacity building opportunities to community partners.
- Support community collaborations that align with UWSWI’s Community Impact Agenda, determining the most effective but least intrusion role.
- Oversee Collective Impact work through:
- Assist with budgeting and staff support in fulfilling the Poverty Collective Backbone and Fiscal Sponsor activities. This includes the facilitation, data collection, strategic visioning and implementation of the movement to end poverty in our region.
- Manage the internal systems that align with collective impact work to ensure cohesion with UWSWI strategy alignment.
- Assist with steering committee for strategy development, shared measurement and on-boarding of working group members for collective impact initiatives.
Leadership Responsibilities – 25%
1. Participate as a member of UWSWI Leadership Team, working in tandem with other departments.
2. Provide Product Management Leadership
- Collaborate with marketing and use market research to understand stakeholder preferences, perceptions of community needs, and donor demographics to create products appealing to stakeholders that address community needs.
- Work with marketing and resource development to help package products that can be marketed and linked to community /investor aspirations. Identify potential outside sources to leverage UW investment.
- Work with resource development staff, campaign cabinet, ambassadors and other UWSWI staff to effectively communicate the overall community impact plan and specific products that align with the investor’s community commitments.
- Provide UWSWI and volunteers with foundational material concerning community conditions related to initiative, including demographic, economic, political, and community indicators.
Supervision and Working Relationships
Supervisory Direction Received:
This position reports to the President and CEO of the organization
Supervisory Direction Provided:
This position supervises the Community Impact Program Officer, the Project Manager for the Poverty Initiative, volunteers and interns.
- Achieves Results
- Teamwork & Cooperation with all departments
- Problem-Solving and Critical Thinking
- Customer Service Orientation/Relationship Management
- Upholds the highest ethical standards
- Provides Leadership
- Thinks Strategically
- Influence/Impact and Collaboration
- Manages Processes