Job Title: Director of Community Connections & The Family Center
Program/Grant Category: Program Director
Position Reports to: President & CEO of United Way of Greater Plymouth County
Work Schedule: Flexibility in work week schedule required, evening or weekends as needed
Classification: Full time, Exempt
Summary: This key position is responsible for the oversight and successful operation of Community Connection of Brockton connecting parents with each other and the community, coordinating services for families within the community, and giving voice to parents needs within the community with the goal of preventing child abuse and neglect in the greater Brockton area. This position is also responsible for the management of The Family Center offering multi-cultural parenting programs, support groups, children activities, information and referral resources for families and children in the greater Brockton area.
• Develop, implement and monitor the progress of a strategic plan for both Community Connections of Brockton and The Family Center in conjunction with our advisory group, Brockton’s Promise, and other appropriate community coalitions and stakeholders.
• Establish, implement and maintain accessible and effective informational, referral and educational programs and services for families and children to assist in the prevention of child abuse and neglect
• Develop constructive and mutually beneficial connections with parents, youth, local service providers, community leaders, and other community stakeholders.
• Convene and/or actively participate in collaborative efforts to address gaps in local services for families and children with every effort to bring out the voice of parents in the greater Brockton area.
• Oversee the day to day activities and logistics of the Community Connections of Brockton including staff oversight, financial report and budgetary oversight, planning and implementation of projects and grants
• Create an atmosphere within the coalition that fosters the development of strong, effective teams and empowers parent leaders, staff and other volunteers through training opportunities and engages them in decision making.
• Prepares and maintains records, data, and reports as required by UWGPC, the state principal purchasing agent (DCF), coalition members and other private funding sources related to services provided.
• Provide training and encouragement to parents and other community stakeholder to advocate effectively at the local, state, and/or federal level of government
• Supervise the Coordinator of The Family Center with overall program oversight including on site support and development, budget management, and financial reporting. Develop an annual work plan that aligns with the strategic plan.
• Conduct innovative and motivational presentations to the community regarding the work of Community Connections of Brockton and The Family Center
• Participate in local, state and federal associations that promote the mission and values of Community Connections of Brockton, UWGPC and DCF
• Attend statewide meetings and trainings as required
• Record of leadership and ability to influence a broad network of community partners
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal/relational skills
• Strong computer skills with a solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and data management software
• Staff supervision and professional development skills
• Highly advanced program development and financial management abilities.
• Ability to think strategically and make decisions based on effective risk assessment and analysis of return on investment;
• Accomplished writing skills
• Motivational public speaking skills
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in social Work, public Administration, community organizing or a related human services field is required, Master’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of three years staff supervision experience required
• Multi-lingual language preferred, multi-cultural sensitivity required
• Grassroots organizing training and/or experience required
• Grant writing experience preferred
• Successful track record in fundraising from foundations, corporations, and major donors.
• Experience in advisory board development and working with an engaged Advisory Board
• Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Moving tables or chairs to set up for presentations or activities.
• Carrying boxes of supplies or fliers for programs.
• Valid driver’s license
• Access to a vehicle
• Some travel is required
Accepting resumes and cover letters through 10/1/2021
Attention Dennis Carman, President & CEO
Email - email@example.com
Mail 934 West Chestnut Street, Brockton, MA 02301