ORANGE COUNTY UNITED WAY
Job Title: Director of Community Collaboration
Reporting To Chief Transformation Officer
Department: Transformation and Innovation
Purpose of Position
The Director of Community Collaboration will identify and orchestrate (including but not limited to) cause marketing/eco-system fundraisers/sponsor events for the purpose of achieving revenue and brand visibility goals. This will be accomplished by negotiating and executing local (and in some cases National) cause-related opportunities and charitable or benefit event-functions with new and existing corporate partners for Orange County United Way.
The ideal candidate will identify / pitch / cultivate prospects and develop programs and events (including but not limited to licensing, sponsorships, commercial co-ventures, company charitable events, auctions, giving days, philanthropic opportunities in local schools, etc.) with corporate, business and community partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Cause Marketing and Brand Partnership strategy to maximize revenue, and brand visibility for Orange County United Way and its priority initiatives/programs in the community.
- Develop prospect portfolios and initiate, solicit, and close major and local brand partnerships with corporations, mid-size, and small businesses.
- Hold responsibility and accountability for meeting KPIs aligned with organization’s strategic goals and objectives
- Design and implement program for philanthropic student groups in local schools.
- Collaborate with team members who are responsible for facilitating relationships for donor cultivation, new development opportunities, ensuring completion of donor deliverables, and reporting on successful completion of initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Ability to work independently, making appropriate decisions with direction as needed
Communicating and Influencing
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze and track results
- Team player with ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgement when dealing with committees, vendors, donors and volunteers
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
Partnering and Teamwork
- Ability to work cross-functionally with marketing, finance, corporate engagement, and key initiative departments to achieve position objectives
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage many projects at one time, prioritizing and planning for high efficiency
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask, work independently and in a team environment
Job Requirements /Technical Knowledge
- Marketing and Communications
- Brand strategy
- Events management
- Ability to communicate effectively with influential people. Ability to “read the room” and change tactics midstream.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and sales skills
- Experience developing, implementing, measuring and evaluating multifaceted strategic marketing initiatives, plans and programs.
- Proven success in building and maintaining long-term relationships with partners, vendors, board members, and senior leaders both internal and external
- Reverse supply chain knowledge, specifically around technology.
- Familiarity with Orange County culture, influencers, leaders, companies, schools.
Commensurate with experience, education, and market $90,000 – $120,000 per year. Competitive benefits.
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds. Reliable transportation and a clean driving record are required as the employee will need to travel throughout Orange County to visit with partners and prospects at their preferred meeting locations and to travel to engagements and events. Participation in early morning and evening meetings and events will be required. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Send Resumes To:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614