Responsible for leading the capacity and performance function within the Development team of the Investor Relations department. The primary areas are as follows:
1) Drive engagement with the United Way Network across the bold plays with a focus on executing against our business model, corporate partnerships and major gifts expansion
2) Oversee the development of trainings, toolkits and curriculum to support execution of the investor relations strategies
3) Codify best practices and scale across the network
4) Build network relationships and serve as liaison with US Network Engagement and International Network teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
1. Provide local United Ways the key resources, information, guidance and professional expertise to continuously improve corporate relationships so both organizations can substantially impact community in the US and internationally
2. Work with Learning and Conferencing and U.S. Network Capacity teams to conduct a “needs analysis” of network gaps in baseline practices
3. Drive the creation of new resource development resources/content in alignment with organizational priorities and building of network capacity
4. Collaborate with United Way Network Performance and Engagement and Learning and Conferencing to establish measures of success for capacity building strategies for the network and segments within them
5. Serve as the Investor Relations lead for the Fundraising for Impact Summit working with Learning and Conferencing
6. Support engagement of key stakeholders in driving capacity including supporting the Major Market RDVPS and engagement of key volunteer segments (i.e. campaign cabinet members)
7. Integrate resource development data analysis efforts with existing efforts and track common focus areas and sub-components to identify additional training needs
8. Develop network communications strategy with Network Communications team and maintain on-going field communication
9. Oversee the strategy for the network user experience
10. Serve as liaison within United Way Worldwide, specifically with US, International, Strategy and Marketing/Brand teams
11. Manage team members and other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least five years of advanced-level experience in a similar role. Additionally, this position requires one to three years of experience in a leadership role. Previous experience with multiple United Ways and/or related and relevant corporate experience strongly preferred. This position is based in Alexandria, VA.
Well organized, reliable, accomplished and dedicated fundraising and marketing professional with solid background in managing resources and personnel that has a proven record of success. Core competencies in account management, problem solving, strategic planning, process improvement, software applications, business development, strong writing and presentation skills. Proven customer and consumer relations are a must. Able to effectively communicate and work with senior corporate leaders, non-profit professionals and other constituencies.
This highly visible position is critical to the global organization’s overall success, therefore numerous qualifications must be considered. The individual should be experienced in the workings of a full service United Way (s) with an in depth knowledge of customer relationship management within Fortune 500 companies and or sales experience. Able to quickly grasp concepts and principles while performing and completing multiple tasks with multiple constituencies in a timely and highly professional manner. Experienced managing a team, in team projects, flexible, focused and willing to work to bottom line. Creative in thought, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This skilled negotiator will have proven successes in the areas of customer service, sales and corporate relations. Travel is required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Must work well under pressure and be detail-oriented, have good problem solving skills, strong verbal, written and public speaking skills. Be able to set priorities, meet deadlines, adapt to rapidly changing situations and meet commitments in a timely manner.