Position Title: Director, Business Programs (United Business Advisory)
Status: Exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
This role might be right for you if...
- You have a background in business consulting or business management.
- You are all about relationships - from making connections, to helping community leaders find meaningful ways to use their talents, to working collaboratively with staff, clients, and volunteers.
- You are a trust-building aficionado.
How You'll Help
United Business Advisory (UBA) is part of Mile High United Way's United Neighborhoods (UN) collective impact strategy. The UBA program works to help small businesses, primarily women and minority-owned, thrive and grow by providing no-cost consulting services delivered by UBA staff and experienced volunteer business people. This position will be instrumental in providing vision, strategic development, leadership, program development and hands-on working consulting service to small businesses in underserved communities. The role will be responsible for directing the UBA team, partnering with different volunteers, local and state organizations, councils, and collaboratives to co-create and implement our strategy while ensuring alignment with other appropriate and agreed-upon initiatives.
- Direct the small business support strategy for Mile High United Way that encompasses short and long-term goals for the agency as well as the target areas with specific measurable outcomes. The strategy is based on values such as leadership, collaboration, accountability, diversity and inclusivity, multi-generational approaches, and quality and includes specific agency action plans.
- Build and sustain partnerships that maximize the ability of Mile High United Way to achieve its goals outlined in the UBA/UN strategy.
- Oversee program implementation and assist in the development of an advocacy agenda and engage in advocacy efforts to support the UBA programs in collaboration with the Senior Director, Policy and Impact Investing.
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with new and existing partners from other aligned agencies, contractors, and other funded partners that advance the goals and objectives of the UBA strategy.
- Work closely with Evaluation and Learning team to identify, collect, and analyze appropriate data to continually inform efforts.
- Actively cultivate relationships with prospective and current volunteer business advisors, working closely with organization's Resource Development team
- Identify and pursue potential funding opportunities and assist with preparing proposals to funding organizations and local partners in collaboration with the Grants team.
- Facilitate collaboration among community, child and youth development partners, funders, policy makers, service providers, nonprofit organizations, the corporate sector and other key community stakeholders in the development and implementation of the early learning and education plans.
- Develop and implement an outcome measurement process for evaluating the progress and impact of the overall early learning and education plans and related projects in collaboration with the Evaluation and Learning team.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's in business preferred
- Minimum of 10 years direct related business management and/or business consulting experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience preferred.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Spanish/English bilingual candidates preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and assisting businesses to successfully grow.
- Knowledge of community assessment and planning principles and methods.
- Demonstrated experience in effective writing and communication.
- Demonstrated experience with program development, budgeting, outcome measurement and contract/grant management.
- Experience coordinating efforts and collaborating with variety of individuals having conflicting agendas.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office software products.
Working Environment: 70% of time in typical office environments, 30% of time traveling to local offsite meetings.
Physical Activities: May be required to lift up to 20lbs.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.