When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
Our Mission: To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities advance the common good.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Annual Campaign will effectively lead and manage all aspects of United Way’s Workplace based Annual Fundraising functions with a focus on development of new business relationships. The Director will support work to create partnership, alignment, and a shared accountability between all the departments.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan that advances community impact work
- Create and execute strategy for new business development
- Lead, motivate, develop, and retain a high caliber fundraising team
- Provide support or lead to top three revenue generating corporate partners
- Analyze current business trends and previous campaign results; recommend changes in fundraising strategies and tactics as needed
- Engage with donors year-round to nurture and enhance relationships
- Assign campaign accounts to Relationship Coordinators to ensure that the highest level of support is provided
- Lead campaign staff team in the development of annual work plans; hold staff accountable for executing and achieving outcomes
- Prepare department budget regarding material and supplies needed, and manage spending for all annual campaign work
- Works with campaign staff team to provide current year campaign forecast based on the team’s goal setting for all partner companies and individual givers
- Track monthly forecasted campaign goals
- Lead a committee of the board to support the work of this department
- Provides campaign update information when required to the President, VP, Board, and other committees
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ experience in business management, sales or a related field
- Experience in fundraising
- Previous leadership and project management
Hybrid Work from Home/Office, this is NOT a remote position
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours including mornings, evenings, and weekends as required to fill the duties of the position
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.