When uploading your job description, be sure to include the following areas:
United Way of North Central Florida (UWNCFL) is a nonprofit organization focused on the building blocks that lead to a good quality of life – Education, Health, Financial Stability and Immediate Needs– because we all gain when children are successful in school, when families are financially stable and safe, and when people are healthy.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Advancement is a strong strategist and resourceful thinker who develops creative methods to grow resources for UWNCFL and the community. They will identify, cultivate, retain, and develop donor prospects, and establish and strengthen relationships with donors, employers, and the community to build donor loyalty, raise/leverage resources, and ensure a positive brand experience with UWNCFL. They are accountable for the effective and efficient management of portfolio accounts and for executing innovative fundraising methods for generating annual contributions to meet or exceed organizational revenue goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develop strategies to identify, acquire, and steward relationships with donors across multiple generations.
- Oversee workplace campaigns and all related key relationships to maintain or increase revenue and demonstrate the value of UWNCFL. This includes but is not limited to building relationships with company leaders, employee campaign coordinators, loaned executives, and volunteers; as well as assisting with campaign analysis, planning, implementation, and evaluation of performance.
- Manage UWNCFL’s donor database, ANDAR, in collaboration with the Director of Operations and UPIC to ensure donor information is entered promptly and updated regularly, including any possible data mining and report production.
- Assist with goal setting, department budgeting, and preparation of various reports.
- Assist in the revenue growth of Small Business United by supporting program promotion, member recruitment, and execution of added-value items.
- Lead and manage Emerging Leaders United, an affinity group for up-and-coming leaders.
- Attend networking events throughout the community.
- Secure Academy, event, and/or other sponsorships as needed.
- Coordinate all corporate and individual participation in donation drives.
- Lead and manage logistics for all donor recognition events and fundraisers; collaborate with appropriate staff in creation and execution of volunteer engagement events.
- Assist with appropriate grant applications as needed.
- Oversee marketing and communications for all development initiatives in collaboration with the President & CEO to include the coordination, preparation, and management of UWNCFL’s social media, email campaigns, e-newsletters, press releases, and website updates.
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving resource development trends/tools, as well as economic, political, technical, and general business trends that may impact UWNCFL.
- Collaborate with all UWNCFL departments to fulfill the mission of the organization.
- Supervise interns and/or additional development staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word is a must. Experience utilizing a nonprofit CRM with Andar experience preferred. Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Website management experience and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Canva is a plus.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.