Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and reporting of the organization’s financial statements. Collaborates with all levels of United Way Worldwide (“UWW”) Leadership and Executive Management Teams and serves as a member of the Leadership Team for the Finance Group. Responsible for establishing annual work goals and objectives and managing the daily work activities of the assigned Team members within the Accounting Team. Responsible for effectively managing the Team and all UWW resources assigned to the Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Provide leadership across UWW finance areas and engage with others across UWW and the United Way network demonstrating an approach that is proactive and collaborative.
- Responsible for generating and reporting monthly financial statements and analysis of financial results with accuracy, timeliness, and transparency.
- Oversees general ledger, revenue and billing, accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective policies and procedures that reflect well-balanced internal controls.
- Oversees the annual independent Audits (consolidated financial statements, Pension Plan and 403(b)) conducted by External Auditors.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual 990 tax return and related state returns.
- Coordinates the annual Finance and Talent Management Forum for the United Way Network.
- Participates in the creation of Network accounting guidance documents in conjunction with the UWW Finance Council.
- Develops a high-performing Accounting Team.
- Supports the CFO in working with the Finance and Audit Committees of the Board.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Public accounting experience and CPA preferred.
- 10 years of expert-level experience in a similar role.
- Five years of previous people management experience.
- Five to 10 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Excellent presentation skills.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.