United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
TITLE: Director, 211 Operations
DEPARTMENT: Partners for Community Change – Community Services
GRADE: IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Senior Vice President, Accountability and Community Services
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED: April 9 , 2021 EXPIRES: Until filled
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, Texas
SALARY RANGE: $80,000 - $85,000
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is dedicated to improving people’s lives by helping individuals and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes, and investing in programs and initiatives that help those in need and prevent problems from happening in the first place. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four Impact areas: 1) preparing children for kindergarten 2) encouraging students to graduate and reach their full potential 3) helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and 4) providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
The 211 Operations Director will lead the daily operations of the 211 Alamo Information Center which provides information, referral, telephone/chat counseling and crisis intervention in Bexar County and the surrounding 11 counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Call Center Operations
- Ensure service delivery is in accordance with the Texas Information and Referral Network (TIRN) and with the national Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) standards.
- Monitor all program grants, contracts and agreements for compliance issues and work with partners and the United Way Leadership Team.
- Monitor staff/volunteer performance trends & develop and implement appropriate strategies as indicated
- Coordinate and participate in disaster response activities to ensure continuity of operations and escalation of services
- Direct the development of schedules, reports and quality control systems
- Respond to Texas Health and Human Services Special Action Requests (SAR), complete and submit reports
- Support four team leaders
Resource and Call Database Management
- Direct the operation of the state-automated iCarol resource management system to include maintenance and updates as appropriate
- Ensure both collection and maintenance of caller base information through call center activities
- Lead monthly, quarterly, annual report production
- Supervise all outreach efforts to include staffing, marketing, planning, and execution
- Participate in Outreach events
- Develop relationships with external partners
Perform all other duties assigned by the SVP of Accountability & Community Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 – 12 years of related work experience to include demonstrated supervisory and customer service experience.
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Exposure to glare from a computer.
- Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with evening and weekend hours.
- Work remotely as indicated by environmental factors, such as COVID-19
- Lift or move up to 20 lbs
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
SPECIAL SKILLS / INFORMATION
- Mission-focused: commitment to create social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities
- Relationship-oriented: ability to cultivate and mange relationships toward common goal
- Collaborative: understands roles and contributions of all sectors of community
- Organization, attention to detail, accuracy, dependability & problem-solving skills.
- Brand Steward: represent the brand by maintaining and upholding Mission, Vision, and Values of United Way of San Antonio & Bexar County
- Customer service oriented, results driven
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
- Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org