United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment please call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
211 is a vital service leveraged by millions of people across North America. Every day, clients contact 211 to access free and confidential crisis and emergency counseling, disaster assistance, food, health care and insurance assistance, stable housing and utilities payment assistance, employment services, veteran services and childcare and family services. No matter the situation, the specialists at 211 listen, identify underlying problems, and connect people in need with resources and services in their community that improve their lives. In 2022 alone, 211s in the US answered more than 18 million calls, texts, chats and emails, helping millions with life-changing support. There is no other network in the country that has a similar pulse on America’s needs.
The 211 team at United Way Worldwide (211 UWW Team) oversees the development and implementation of the 211 National Data Platform (211NDP), a tool that brings together the data of the more than 200 individual 211 systems across the nation into one powerful repository of data. The 211 UWW Team is seeking a Director, 211 Data Projects to provide project management and direction for the 211NDP and future expansions of the suite of data projects managed by the 211 UWW team.
The Director, 211 Data Projects will be innovative, detail-oriented and bring network expertise to successfully manage the continued growth and progress of the 211NDP. This position will be essential to the business strategy for the 211NDP by ensuring that partnership goals and objectives are clearly defined, deliverables are met, and the 211 network remains engaged in the continued work of the 211NDP.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Leading all aspects of project management for the 211NDP to include:
- Tracking the engagement of 211 network partners and ensuring timely communications in response to inquiries, ensuring timely processing of contracts and invoices, and responding to potential partnership opportunities at the market level.
- Supporting the Senior Director and Vice President in external partner engagement by developing innovative and strategic pitches and proposals that align with the overarching strategy for the 211NDP.
- Ensuring that the implementation process moves efficiently and that contract deliverables are met by maintaining proactive communication with external partners and the 211 network.
- Manage and supervise assigned staff including the Lead Associate for the Data and Research Team. Develop annual performance goals, maintain accountability of staff, and provide coaching as needed to ensure successful team dynamic.
- Serving as the lead for the evaluation of existing programmatic work leveraging the 211 network by designing and implementing evaluation processes.
- Identifying and developing mechanisms to showcase outcomes data for the 211 system in innovative ways, including through the leveraging of the 211NDP, the partnership with 211Counts, and through annual surveys.
- Assessing the value of current data partnerships and identify additional opportunities to elevate the use of 211 data alongside the Senior Director and Vice President.
- Participating in relevant 211 network driven work groups and discussions to maintain awareness of opportunities and threats to the forward movement of UWW’s strategy.
- Participate in assigned network driven meetings and work groups and perform any outlined duties.
- Representing UWW at external conferences and meetings as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Analysis, or related area. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Eight to 10 years in successive leadership roles in project management, data analytics, business strategy.
- Experience, and aptitude in one or more of our areas of focus: health and health equity, education, economic mobility.
- Commitment to advance the mission of United Way Worldwide and 211.
- Professional experience within a United Way and/or 211 agency.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and presenting data to showcase impact.
- Successful project management experience.
- Experience managing, mentoring and skills building with individuals and teams.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and data tools.
- Experience successfully managing complex cross-functional, time-sensitive projects.
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, preferably with non-profit organizations.
- Proven ability to work and lead autonomously in a remote work environment with minimal supervision and to excel in an entrepreneurial, self-starting and fast paced .
This highly visible position is critical to the organization’s overall success, therefore numerous qualifications will be considered. It is preferred that candidates have experience in the workings of a United Way (s) or a similar federated model with an in-depth knowledge of customer relationship management. Global experience is a plus as well as an understanding of corporate social responsibility. Candidates must be able to grasp complex structures and be a natural collaborator. Experience working with multiple constituencies in a highly professional manner is needed. Applicants must also be creative in thought, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This skilled negotiator will have proven successes in the areas of customer service, nonprofit, and corporate relations. Travel is required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.