Position Title: Director, 2-1-1
Salary: Pay Grade G Range: $71,779.05 - $107,668.58; starting pay is the beginning of the range, with consideration for experience above what's listed in the requirements.
Benefits: 100% employer paid premiums for employee only on medical, dental, vision, 3-6% 401k employer contribution, generous PTO package, and other benefits.
Location: This position is typically based out of our Denver office (711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205) and is temporally working remotely during the pandemic. Temporary remote work requires in state residence.
This role might be right for you if...
- You have a passion for relationship-building and customer service
- You have strong business acumen in the areas of budgeting, reports, compliance, and communication
- You have at minimum 5 years of direct relevant experience in a call center and at least 5 years at the management level
How You'll Help
The Director is responsible for all operational activities of the Contact Center including the development, implementation and management of effective business plan strategies. This position will oversee programs to ensure both the client and organizational objectives are met.
- Determines contact center short and long term operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Identifies and evaluates state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Secure and maintain local I regional partners. Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate community partnerships, MOUs and contractual service agreements.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with a variety of partner agencies and work groups to improve organization's business processes and to strengthen relationships among community agencies.
- Manage and coordinate grant processes and all related financial resources
- Support the Sr. Director, Statewide 211 in the creation of the strategic direction, the development of the annual work plans and objectives and the development of the communication strategy
- Lead role in 2-1-1 Disaster Response
- Defines and reviews statistical reports to monitor overall operational performance
- Provides oversight for recruiting, interviewing, hiring and terminating staff
- Participates on 2-1-1 Colorado Collaborative Committees
- Compliance with AIRS Standards (Accreditation)
- Creates and maintains relationships and agreements with local I regional Offices of Emergency Management
- Participates in local and regional organizations related in 2-1-1's mission
What You'll Need
- College degree or 5 years of direct relevant experience required-advanced degree(s) or certification (s) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of direct relevant experience call center experience required, with at least 5 years at the manager level
- Experience with call/contact center telephony equipment and systems
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and a variety of professional and community leaders
- Excellent organization skills, well-developed verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively deal with complex issues
- Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and reliability within areas of responsibility by providing leadership, direction, motivation, and training
- Ability to work independently
- Active Listening and Crisis Intervention Skills
- Knowledge of the Human Services Delivery System in Metro Denver preferred
- Must be willing and able to meet AIRS certifications standards within six (6) months of becoming eligible
- Demonstrated experience establishing departmental goals and individual goals to effectively achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (written and verbal) with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented and exhibits an urgency to achieve results
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle competing priorities
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and able to deal well with change and ambiguity
- Experience with call center technology, including ACD, workforce management and quality management tools
- Proficient in MS Office and call center equipment/software programs
Working Environment: This position will primarily work remotely from home during the pandemic, with infrequent in-office work days occasionally required. Office hours are 8 to 5 Monday through Friday; the 2-1-1 Contact Center Operations Manager must be available to lead crisis response activities on weeknights and/or weekends. Must be willing and able to work remotely when needed (i.e. times of building closure and/or disaster response)
Physical Activities: Ability to lift 40lbs, ability to operate a computer for extended periods.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.