The Digital Solution Manager reports to the Vice President of Partner Solutions. The Donor Services department, within the Finance department, is a comprehensive team that manages the donor experience from their interaction with United Way in the donation process. The overall goal of the Donor Services department is to support United Way donors with best-in-class customer service while engaging with United Way of Greater Atlanta.
The Digital Solutions unit, within the Donor Services department, works with companies to select and implement digital solutions. The Digital Solutions Manager will also supervise the Digital Solution Specialist. In short, they own the strategic and tactical expertise that enable the success of our corporate partner’s charitable initiatives.
Responsible for managing our portfolio of digital solutions and guiding their full implementation life cycle. Will develop the strategy for navigating the ebbs and flows of a fast-paced environment, guiding the tactical efforts of the Digital Solution Specialist.
The Digital Solution Manager will ensure the optimal performance of the tools/applications used to support the online donation experience. They will work closely with external stakeholders, including company contacts, and other internal departments, to facilitate a seamless flow of requirements and metrics.
The Digital Solution Manager will focus on strengthening our position as a company’s partner of choice in digital engagement, with the ability to fully meet their needs in executing their charitable programs.
- Demonstrate an expert knowledge of our digital solutions to internal and external audiences:
- Research, develop, and lead collaborative efforts between Office of Development, IT, and Marketing to implement innovative work in this area.
- Consult, train, and empower Development staff to leverage digital solutions within their accounts.
- Lead external account contact for our digital pledging campaigns.
- Responsible for stewarding key Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) campaign contacts, exhibiting robust relationship management skills, and strong communication of real-time status in each phase of the digital solution life cycle.
- Develop detailed execution plans for complex local, regional, and national campaigns, including giving support to all involved United Ways and regional/national company locations. Will work closely with the primary Development Officer internally; the Digital Solution Manager is the primary liaison to United Way Worldwide for campaigns under our management and must be able to:
- Accurately and effectively communicate any aspect of the process to any audience.
- Navigate all challenges presented and guide them to resolution, working closely with client company IT departments and Finance teams.
- Ensure the optimal performance of the tools/applications used to support the campaign execution.
- Be willing and able to assist with tactical tasks should the campaign volume exceed the productive capacity of the Digital Solution specialist.
- Assist the customer service team in ensuring that all cases are handled to maximum satisfaction.
- Develop reports that aid strategic use of digital solutions for both company contacts and internal fundraising team.
- Train external clients on multiple digital platforms
- Use reporting and analytics to extract insights from each campaign and use that information to improve the processes of future campaigns and to support UWGA winning new business.
Qualifications and Expectations
This role requires a blend of analytical skills, soft skills, and continuous professional development:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 yrs. fundraising/campaign experience and technical experience (Web-Based technologies, back-end financial systems and processing, database management, basic knowledge of HTML, experience with Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel and Power BI)
- Knowledge of full application life cycle experience including scope definition, design, development, and user training.
- Project management skills: well-organized, able to provide structure, and knowledgeable regarding process implementation within areas of responsibility.
- Resourceful, creative problem-solver
- Organized and goal oriented
- A strong collaborator and comfortable with working in a highly dynamic environment
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to relate with a diverse team. Ability to work in harmony with peers and as an active team member.
- Strategic thinker, able to further the abilities and goals of the organization.
A successful individual in this role will be:
- An excellent communicator with strong listening skills
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with local business community
- Creativity to initiate new ways to use technology
- Strategic thinking as to best ways to position UWGA in the digital economy as well as the broader UW system.
- Ability to manage a diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal skills: specifically, customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.