We believe that improving life for all starts with improving life for ALICE®.
An acronym for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed, ALICE represents the growing number of individuals and families who are working, but are unable to afford the basic necessities of housing, food, child care, health care, and transportation. Nearly 890,000 New Jersey households – and a quarter of our northern New Jersey neighbors – live in this precarious situation: above the poverty level, but below a basic level of self-sufficiency.
ALICE workers are essential to the fabric of our society. ALICE is the child care educator who prepares your child for the future, the home health aides who care for your loved one, and the mechanic who fixes your car, ensuring you are safe out on the road.
When ALICE suffers and is forced to make difficult choices, we all face serious consequences. United Way is working to shine a light on this hidden population that is so critical to the stability of our communities. We are looking beyond temporary fixes to find solutions that result in long-term, sustainable change for individuals and families. Our focus on three areas – Education, Income, and Health – helps ALICE at three key points – now, in the near term, and with an eye to a better and more stable future.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads, designs, and builds the digital engagement strategy for United Way of Northern New Jersey to transform our business and drive donor engagement, acquisition and retention. Develops the necessary strategies and programs required to attract, engage and retain donors, reach/exceed financial goals and build the United Way brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiency in digital marketing channels. Leverages expertise to support and expand digital campaigns across our multi-channel mix within available information technology capability. Plays a leadership role with a high degree of cross-functional coordination across the organization. Works with the ALICE Brand to drive traffic, revenue and maximize efficiency. Serves as a member of the ex-SMT leadership team and present at Board meetings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Event registration
- Mobile and desktop access points
- Automatic outlook calendar posts
- Automatic social posts
- Easy, one-step event creation and management of lists
- List generation for registration (easy tool)
- Continuity of backend support for event registration and payment options
- Easy, one-step donating option
- Mobile friendly donating, text to give options
- Repeating donation as an option
- Option for donor to cover processing fee
- Multiple options for giving (paypal, venmo, social microburst “Go Fundme” campaigns)
- Ease of donor to apply their gift to any area they want (WU, Tools for School)
- Ability to track online donations to specific campaign that inspired the gift
- Management of personal donation page (with printable receipts/acknowledgements)
- Automatically generated acknowledgments with customized content (i.e. social posts about donation/support)
- Follow up with donors regarding how their support was utilized
- Donor profiles
- List segmentation and management (de-dupe functions)
- Easy to use, intuitive tool to manage donor files
- Easy to track CRM
- Slicing and dicing of data abilities to target groups (i.e. employer, affinity groups, gender, demographics, etc)
- Intuitive, user-friendly tool for sending emails to target groups
- Unsubscribe functionality for automatic interface with database
- Tools enabled to create a unified donor experience
- Analysis of website platforms
- Interface with our donor experience
- Training and succession planning
- Identify staff supports for system components
- Onboarding of new staff to use tools
- Sharepoint basic training and usage to its fullest capacity (and reorg of our existing content for ease of use)
College degree or equivalent desirable, but not required
Flexible working environment
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.