The Digital Operations Specialist, Philanthropy Cloud is a newly created position in the Marketing and Communications Department at United Way of Greater St. Louis that works under the direction of the Director of Digital Strategy, Philanthropy Cloud to create engaging and inspiring employee engagement experiences through United Way’s Philanthropy Cloud, our new online giving and engagement platform. Using skills in community management, email marketing, marketing automation, websites and other digital communications, the Digital Operations Specialist ensures high-quality, joyful and easy experiences for donors and volunteers.
The Digital Operations Specialist, Philanthropy Cloud will use knowledge of user experience best practices to implement features toward a specific call to action within the Philanthropy Cloud platform, creating joyful and easy experiences.
Job duties include:
• Daily work as an administrator on Philanthropy Cloud pages by updating pre-approved content, calls to action and graphics
• Daily work on multiple client-facing projects and pages
• Daily identification of problems and solutions
• Assist with content and platform strategy
• Write, edit, create, test, and send emails using Salesforce Marketing Cloud as directed by clients and United Way
• Track analytics on emails and pages and make recommendations for improvement
• Contribute to the overall success of the United Way by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Work with supervisor to create and optimize processes around work
• Deliver content on sites error free and on time
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Strong abilities in WordPress, Salesforce products, FormAssembly, and other technology to meet needs internally and externally
• Understanding of user experience best practices
• Understanding of email marketing and content marketing strategy
• Strong writer and editor, with knowledge of marketing best practices
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to deliver superior customer service internally and externally
• Ability to problem solve with minimal oversight
• Ability to understand and interpret data
• Ability to take direction and work on a team
OTHER DESIRED OR PREFERRED SKILLS:
• Experience in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience in project management
• Ability to understand and write HTML code
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a field such as digital marketing, user experience, or communications preferred.
A minimum of three years in a customer service or project management oriented work environment preferred.
Organizational Competencies: (See separate sheet for details)
Steward the Vision Act with Integrity Commitment to Service
Encourage & Embrace Innovation Demonstrate Mutual Respect Pursue Collaboration
While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to regularly use hands, frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Traditional office work environment
Outdoors work environment
Non-traditional work hours
Travel: Less than 20%, primarily to regional offices, as needed
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation or access to reliable and available transportation