United Way of Central Jersey (UWCJ) requires this position to improve and continuously update UWCJ’s digital presence in a variety of venues: website, third party pledge processor organizations, text to give, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and YouTube ensuring that priority of messaging is information about UWCJ’s key programs: Nurse Family Partnership (NFP), ParentChildren+ (PC+), Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program and other initiatives to support the development and health of young children and their families.
- Design digital media campaigns aligned with UWCJ’s business goals
- Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g., website, blogs, press releases and social media platforms
- Manage end-to-end digital projects
- Establish our web presence to boost brand awareness
- Maintain a strong online voice for UWCJ through social media
- Liaise with Community Impact and Resource Development teams to ensure brand consistency
- Suggest and implement direct marketing methods to support Business Development donor strategies
- Stay up to date with digital media developments
In consultation with Team Leaders, develop, write and place innovative and creative media content across all digital venues always promoting UWCJ’s mission, value proposition and values, using applicable existing UWCJ content and developing new content.
Develop, schedule and monitor UWCJ’s annual calendar of social media posts promoting UWCJ’s focus on early childhood investments and their ROI, to include daily tasks and activity for all social media outlets.
In consultation with Team Leaders/Management Staff, suggest non-UWCJ content that will benefit UWCJ’s mission.
Manage content on UWCJ’s website to ensure appeal to potential donors, community partners and prospective program participants.
Ensure all social media and website are United Way brand compliant and follow a consistent style and format across all platforms. Ensure a donation link in all posts and materials.
Research and identify relevant content to share with followers.
Increase UWCJ’s Constant Contact distribution lists by monitoring online events, programs and social media, based on individual interests.
With specific regard to the UWCJ website: enhance workplace campaign information to provide a customizable online system/option; increase accessibility of annual donations by enhancing the web-based giving opportunity; increase promotion of planned and tribute gifts by keeping current on best practices and promotion.
Track of social media trends and competition, providing monthly reports with statistics and results.
- Associate degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or related experience utilizing various social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter in a business setting
- Licenses – must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s license, a reliable automobile and auto insurance
- Familiarity with social media tools including Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Must be able to function independently and be able to seek guidance when necessary
- Excellent writing, communication, organizational, time management and creative skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain a professional, confidential work environment
- Must be able to occasionally work evenings and weekends
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.