Job Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Classification: Level III
Exempt: Salaried Exempt
Headquartered in Albuquerque, United Way of North Central New Mexico (UWNCNM) serves the people of five counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Santa Fe, Torrance and Valencia. Our mission is connecting people to opportunities and services to equitably improve lives and strengthen communities.
UWNCNM brings together donors, businesses, nonprofits, government and others to create better solutions to our community’s challenges. Our programs and donor dollars ensure that individuals and families in north central New Mexico have the opportunity to achieve potential through education, that they are healthy and safe, are financially stable and live life with dignity.
In addition, UWNCNM has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and upholds the following values:
- We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
- We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in every community.
- We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
- We include diversity, equity and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
The United Way of North Central New Mexico Digital Marketing Specialist executes the digital engagement strategy for UWNCNM and works with other UWNCNM department teams to create and execute digital marketing campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, lead generation and fundraising activity on UWNCNM’s digital properties. This role engages with and prepares digital journeys for the public so that they can better understand what UWNCNM does and allow an easily accessible way to donate and communicate with us.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS-DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day digital marketing campaign execution for UWNCNM.
- Ability to be cross-trained for technical build-out and implementation of email, advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Execute various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Report on digital results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Create documentation for processes, A/B tests, and digital marketing promotions.
- Interact with UWNCNM stakeholders on a daily basis and act as the Digital Services representative.
- Ensure digital marketing communications are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices, are on brand, and inclusive to diverse audiences.
- Drive community engagement, build brand awareness, and increase online giving by reaching community members, partners, donors, and volunteers across numerous digital platforms.
- Analyze digital marketing data and measure KPIs across paid, owned and earned channels including Google Analytics.
- Perform appropriate testing to maximize engagement and apply insights to future tactics.
- Provide digital marketing expertise to staff and nonprofit partners.
- Stays up to date on the latest digital trends, tools, and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Blogging/blog updates, content maintenance, new page creation/design per organizational need and website performance tracking.
- Sends electronic emails including but not limited to monthly newsletter, event announcements, quarterly direct services reports, donor group updates and opt-in/opt-out reporting for data management and email segmentation.
- Utilizes the donor platform via Classy to create links for ticketed events, crowdfunding, workplace campaign fundraising, event fundraising, peer to peer fundraising, reservation creation, volunteer campaign set up.
- Maintains and creates marketing requests forms, event and donor surveys, and an alternative way to collect audience/participation data via Hubspot.
- Provides digital support for workplace campaign fundraising, partnership campaigns, grantee digital requirement fulfillment, sponsorship digital requirement fulfillment, corporate cornerstone/365 digital requirement fulfillment, general email coverage and other digital requests.
- Provides new digital platform support to help UWNCNM staff/departments find and implement essential digital solutions that improve online journeys with our organization.
- Provides social media guidance to plan out social media strategies.
- Advertisement and promotions using Google Ads Grants.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as marketing, analytics or statistics, communications, or related field.
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience in B2C, B2B2C, or nonprofit brands.
- Must have a digital marketing background and successfully executed, maintained, and optimized digital marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Experience using Email Service Provider tool: Constant Contact.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms.
- Experience with social media planner platforms (Hootsuite, Story Light, Planoly, etc.)
- Strong understanding of email and social media marketing concepts and metrics.
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and generate, review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Solid understanding of web metrics and digital analytics.
- PC and standard office equipment
- Telephone, computer, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine and related equipment
- Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS/DEXTERITY:
UWNCNM is a hybrid workplace, with a schedule combining work-from-home on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and in-person office attendance within UWNCNM’s office building required on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position requires long periods of sitting at a desk and computer to accomplish duties and to stand for limited periods of time.
- Regular attendance is required in this position.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Must have access to reliable internet when working from home.
- Must be able to view computer monitors.
- Occasional early morning, evening and weekend meetings and other events.
- Use of your personal vehicle to attend offsite events, meetings, and other work activities.
- Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds unassisted and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
SALARY RANGE: $44,000 to $52,000.00 salary per year, 35 hours per week FTE (Full Time Employee).
Full-time employees (FTE) are eligible for health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending account and voluntary insurance programs. We offer a tuition reimbursement plan, volunteer time off, and generous leave time. Part-time employees may be eligible for some of these benefits.
UWNCNM supports the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please tell us if you need accommodation to perform the job's essential functions. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
United Way of North Central New Mexico is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome applicants with disabilities and applicants from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is meant only to be a guideline and may be modified at any time. UWNCNM is an At-will Employer. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Interested applicants, or if you have additional questions, must supply a resume and cover letter to applicant@UWNCNM.org by November 29, 2023.