United Way of Greater Chattanooga is searching for a Digital Marketing Specialist. This person will be a member of the Marketing Team and will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Purpose of Position:
The United Way of Greater Chattanooga (UWGC) Digital Marketing Specialist leads the execution, measurement, and ongoing optimization of the digital marketing strategy. This role will drive community engagement, build brand awareness, and increase online giving by reaching community members, partners, donors, and volunteers across numerous digital platforms. This role will manage the following touchpoints: website, online giving, paid digital media, and associated analytics for each channel. This individual is a passionate, data-driven storyteller always staying up to date on the latest digital trends, tools, and best practices. This role will be the subject matter expert on all things digital marketing and will constantly collaborate across internal departments and external agencies to deliver results that meet or exceed goals.
• Look across the digital engagement journey to increase brand awareness and grow online giving
• Manage website design and content, and SEO optimization
• Build robust, dynamic website pages for organizational initiatives
• Segment audiences on a regular basis and identify opportunities to motivate volunteering, giving, and advocacy among those segments
• Help identify new audience opportunities and develop a digital media plan to reach them
• Collaborate with appropriate staff members on the planning, development, execution, and measurement of digital campaigns
• Analyze digital marketing data and measure KPIs across paid, owned and earned channels
• Perform appropriate testing to maximize engagement and apply insights to future tactics
• Ensure all digital marketing communications are on brand and inclusive to diverse audiences
• Provide digital marketing expertise to staff and nonprofit partners
• Research digital marketing and online fundraising best-practices and third-party programs
• Identify professional development opportunities to further expertise in digital marketing
• Perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required in marketing, communications, or related field
• 2 years of experience in digital marketing, online fundraising or comparable work is preferred
• Thorough understanding of digital marketing best practices and principles of online fundraising
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Experience working with databases and developing performance reports from multiple sources
• Knowledge of Wix, Mailchimp, GiveSmart, Text Request, Google Analytics and Ads, and Meta platforms preferred
• Familiarity with 501(c)(3) regulations a plus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
● This is a full-time position, working at least 40 hours per week. UWGC offers an excellent benefits package, paid parking, flexible work arrangements with a mix of remote and in-person hours each week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands their role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.