At the heart of our work is ensuring the safety net by providing life-saving services to meet our neighbors’ most basic needs, like food and shelter.
We are here to support families and individuals when they are going through crises, like job loss, domestic violence and natural disasters.
And, we create a pathway to self-sufficiency and success for our neighbors and our community. We provide the tools, resources and education for families to achieve financial stability and independence, for children to succeed in school and in life and for veterans to rebuild their lives after returning from service.
Every day of the year, 24-hours a day, we are the voice of help and hope for those who call our 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE.
And, we bring stakeholders and our community together to address the most pressing needs in our area, improving the quality of life for everyone in our region. We do it all strategically, transparently and with a focus on results.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads, designs, and builds the next generation digital engagement strategy for United Way of Greater Houston to transform our business and drive donor engagement, acquisition and retention. This position leads the efforts to implement both the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platforms within the organization. Develops the necessary strategies and programs required to attract, engage and retain donors, reach/exceed financial goals and build the United Way brand by driving traffic, revenue and maximizing efficiency in digital marketing channels. Leverages expertise to support and expand digital campaigns across our multi-channel mix within available information technology capability. Plays a leadership role with a high degree of cross-functional coordination across the organization. Works with the Brand Team to drive traffic, revenue and maximize efficiency in digital marketing channels. Serves as a member of the donor relations leadership team at the local and national level.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Digital Strategy Development/Fundraising: Architect, communicate and build alignment on cross functional projects and key digital communications efforts to drive new donor acquisition and deepen relationship with existing donors. Initial focus will be on tying digital campaigns to United Way’s core community impact work, creating deeper understanding of United Way’s work and resulting in increased brand advocacy, loyalty and investment among donors. Oversees the implementation of Salesforce CRM/Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud efforts, serving as subject matter expert, developing and executing program rollout, processes for delivery, ongoing staff training and collateral to support both efforts. Serves as the primarily liaison with Salesforce.com Responsible for helping raise the annual campaign revenue.
- Constituent Relationships: Work with UWGH’s Mission and Strategy and Brand/Marketing teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work, UWGH goals and priorities to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWGH’s work in the service area and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
- Analytics and Reporting: Collaborate with operations and reporting team members to leverage and enhance existing data and analytics, and develop additional research and data sources as necessary, to inform strategy development and ongoing measurement and optimization. Measure and communicate results on key performance indicators. Synthesize insights to create actionable recommendations to further drive results.
- Operational Excellence: Drive efficiencies of the giving portal, communications, and engagement efforts without compromising quality or user/donor experience. Work with UWGH operations team to assure delivery of high-quality customer service. Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
- 5 or more years in digital marketing and/or communications, with demonstrated success in creating compelling brand experiences, messaging, and identifying emerging market trends utilizing digital channels preferred.
- Direct experience in sales force, ecommerce, data analytics, business information systems technology administration, CRM and/or data systems preferred.
- 7 or more years of demonstrated history of successful sales, fundraising, or relevant experience and strategy development.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.