Position Objective: The Digital Content Specialist contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN) by maintaining UWMN’s website, social media and digital platforms that share organizational information about UWMN and communicate stories that speak of the greater impact UWMN has on the community in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health. This position is responsible for publishing site content, maintaining continuity of design themes and navigation, and increasing online presence in order to grow UWMN’s audience, enhance audience engagement, and initiate deeper client relationships based on the understanding of the importance to volunteer, advocate and give.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Creates, edits and proofreads all web content to deliver concise and accurate information to promote trust and support in the UWMN reputation and brand
- Updates organizational information and upcoming events on the website to deliver up to date and accurate information in order to increase support and engagement in the brand and services
- Publishes compelling stories, in collaboration with the Content Developer, that showcase UWMN’s value and impact in the community in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health in order to enhance audience engagement and initiate deeper client and donor relationships that lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving
- Maintains the continuity of themes, design layout, streaming navigation, and site standards in order to demonstrate professionalism and uphold the integrity of the website.
- Investigates and collaborates with internal teams to ensure website and social media information is current and compatible with UWMN’s marketing goals and objectives
- Provides website and social media support, guidance, and recommendations for workplace engagement initiatives and events to build stronger relationships with stakeholders, donors, investors, and volunteers
- Creates new content, curates existing local content (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) and monitors social media channels for mentions from corporate partners for re-tweeting and re-posting. Creates and books paid advertising spots for online social media channels using bid rules and optimization efforts based on the campaign and audience. Partners with internal staff and external vendors to ensure the website and other social media platforms are achieving a positive increase in community engagement, aligning with brand strategy, and exceeding web standards
- Attends United Way events and engages with donors and clients. Assists in capturing live content (photos & video) for real-time sharing through online channels. Edits video clips for usability through our channels.
- Utilizes search engine analytics to maximize traffic to the website and increase UWMN’s audience
- Reviews, tracks, gathers and analyzes key measurements in UWMN’s website & social media presence and creates monthly, quarterly and bi-annual reports to determine and evaluate the influence the stories and paid advertising on the organization in order to optimize results
- Co-designs marketing support collateral with the marketing team to increase external communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Web/Content management experience: 2 years
- Social media management for a business: 2 years
- Executing and managing paid social media advertising campaigns: 2 years
- Relevant work in a corporate or non-profit environment: 2 years
- Experience using Salesforce.com (CRM) preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results
- Adaptable to a fast paced and changing environment
- Eagerness to evaluate current and changing web trends
- Web content writing
- Written, verbal, and technological communication
- Strong analytical skills. Able to analyze data and interpret quickly to inform decisions
- Proficiency in Content Management Systems(CMS), HTML, CSS, Photoshop, InDesign, and Microsoft Office products
- Basic knowledge of search engine analytics (Google Analytics certification preferred)
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and prioritize time
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteer, advocate, and give
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas; ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully
- Effective Communication: Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening, collaborating and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience; gives positive and encouraging recognition to those that have contributed
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to generate enthusiasm of UWMN’s work; demonstrates credibility in all interactions; and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts by understanding what motivates individuals and organizations to grow and sustain funding
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health and Education by developing relationships that drive results
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking: Differentiates between when supervisory input is needed and when it is not; identifies opportunities and develops plans to execute; Identifies problems, gathers facts and appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWMN
- Initiative and Creativity: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance. May lift or carry objects up to 10 pounds.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.