We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who Are We Looking For?
Are you a goal-oriented problem solver who enjoys working with data? Do you want your work to help create positive change in our community?
United Way of Greater New Haven (UWGNH) is seeking a Development Operations Coordinator who is comfortable with deadlines and data management to support the administrative components of our fundraising and donor stewardship activities. This person will be a critical part of helping UWGNH reach its annual fundraising goals.
This is a full-time salaried position that includes benefits with a salary range of $40,000-$44,000.
What You'll Do
- United Way is privileged to have the support of thousands of individuals and companies in our community. It will be your responsibility to record gifts from various donation streams (including mail, online giving platforms, stock gifts and third-party vendors) in the database in a timely and accurate manner that conforms with United Way's accounting standards.
Provide exceptional customer service
- You will play an integral role in building and maintaining the trust of our donors through exceptional customer service. You will work closely with fundraising staff to troubleshoot donor data issues and make sure that donations and donor inquiries are handled in a professional manner and are resolved quickly.
Become a database expert
- You will become an expert on larger-scale data entry, data management and reporting. With training and support, you will be able to anticipate how fundraising strategies will impact data entry, reporting and analysis.
Support the fundraising and finance teams
- You will work cross-functionally to support the operational components of fundraising activities including mailings, events and donor stewardship, and work with the finance team to reconcile gifts recorded in CRM with accounting systems and bank records. You will also support administrative projects that further our organization’s mission.
- Demonstrated experience with data entry and working with strict deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and other Office 365 applications
- Knowledge of Excel lookup and database formulas, pivot charts, Power Query
- Experience working in cross-functional settings and/or meeting the needs of multiple people or departments.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms or other databases; Salesforce or fundraising platforms preferred
- Ability to make use of available resources to solve problems on the fly
- Comfort in summarizing and transforming data
- Willingness and ability to learn new workflows and an openness to change
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to these organizational values.
This position will work in our New Haven office and staff currently work in a hybrid environment.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.