Develop and cultivate relationships with public and private organizations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic support of United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona’s vision, mission, services, and programs. This position designs and implements a comprehensive development strategy in cooperation with the development team, leverages existing relationships to secure individual gifts and expand corporate support, adhering to best practices in fundraising.
This is a full time, exempt position, reporting to and working directly with the Associate Vice President of Annual Campaign. All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
United Way offers competitive wages and a generous benefits packet with employer contributions for full time employees including medical, dental, 401K, HRA, PTO, 11 paid holidays, and opportunities for educational and professional development. For more information about our organization, see www.unitedwaytucson.org.
Salary Range: $47,000 - $50,000
- Directly manage a robust portfolio of corporate accounts.
- Develop and cultivate successful business/personal relationships with key employees and CEOs, where accessible, in assigned industries and accounts.
- Facilitate peer-to-peer CEO relationships in largest workplaces.
- Achieve budgeted goals with priority accounts by increasing campaign revenue.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage prospects and donors.
- Fulfill Community Engagement component of United Way mission by participation in at least one Chamber of Commerce or one professional networking organization.
- Develop and implement additional strategies to increase dollars available for investment in community impact areas from assigned individuals/industries and accounts.
- Develop strategies to prospect, cultivate, solicit and grow Leadership Givers in assigned industries and accounts.
- Work with Associate Vice President, Annual Campaign to prospect, cultivate, solicit and grow Tocqueville Society members in assigned industries and accounts.
- Evaluate and monitor each campaign's progress, identify potential problems, and report results to managers and volunteer leadership.
- Develop partnerships between accounts and United Way that result in increased participation in Days of Caring, Sponsorships, Gifts-in-Kind, Special Events and Corporate Engagement.
- Work with VP of Communications & Engagement to create impactful donor-centric materials.
- Timely processing of donor and account information for entry into CRM, achieving monthly and quarterly benchmarks.
Sponsorships and Events
- Identify, market and secure mutually beneficial sponsorships to underwrite events and recognition strategies.
- Coordinate and participate in organization-wide events, partnerships and activities.
- Identify partnership opportunities with organizations and companies based on their philanthropic interests and United Way impact areas.
- Prepare volunteers for individual and account calls, campaign cabinet meetings, reports, public appearances, and any other function of responsibility.
- Train volunteers about the United Way community impact work and their role and responsibilities on the campaign cabinet.
- Utilize volunteer’s skills and knowledge to call on assigned accounts and implement campaign practices and strategies.
- Communicate challenges and successes to campaign volunteers throughout campaign.
- Provide excellent customer service as a component of all job duties.
- Perform duties in accordance with United Way policies and procedures.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree with two to four years of professional level experience in development/fundraising or related field required.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising campaigns, sales and/or project management. Strong relationship-building skills (i.e., sales/business development, fundraising, or external customer service).
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Outgoing and enthusiastic a must.
- Preferred Bilingual (not required)
- Demonstrated skills using Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to perform job with integrity, mission, vision, and values consistent with United Way of Tucson and Southern AZ and hold self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, adjust it as required by changing activities, and travel to work in a variety of locations throughout metro-Tucson.
- Physical requirements include ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds, standing for extended periods, ability to walk moderate distances both indoors and outside in connection with attending various events.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle.
The United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon hire and/or prior to starting employment with us, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of COVID vaccination or provide proof of eligibility for medical exemption.