United Way of Denton County (UWDC) has raised more than $20 million over the last ten years through its annual campaigns and fundraising efforts. UWDC currently raises between $2 million and $2.5 million annual to support county-wide collective impact initiatives, partner agency programs and community impact initiatives. UWDC helps people across Denton County – children, families, veterans, people experiencing homelessness, and people affected by mental illness. We are constantly evaluating needs, closing gaps, and building assets to create the best Denton County for all of us. The Resource Development team works to plan and conduct activities that generate donations to support our mission of improving and transforming lives in Denton County.
The Development Officer, under the direction of the Director of Resource Development, is primarily responsible for maintaining the UWDC CRM database system, departmental reporting, data integration and developing policies and procedures for cross staff integration of UWDC CRM platforms. The RD Specialist will interact with several internal and external individuals as administrative support. This position will serve as the system administrator for the Andar e-Pledge system, processing lead for employee giving campaigns, as well as a key contributor to managing all aspects of data and databases across the Resource Development (RD) team.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Accountable for maintaining timely, accurate and up-to-date documentation for all UWDC business.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to successfully deploy your time and UWDC resources/volunteer time as to maximize departmental productivity and efficiency
- Maintain accurate and detailed donor and account records in Andar to analyze the effectiveness of the RD plan against delivering objectives
- Organize relationship management and donor responsibilities efficiently and effectively in the database
- Participate as a member of the staff team in regular departmental and inter-departmental activities
- Successfully support the team in all duties of Resource Development, primarily administrative support, but including opportunities which require speaking, travel and other duties as assigned to any RD team member.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of Andar360’s e-Pledge employee giving software platform for UWDC ePledge campaigns
- Lead contributor of our Data/CRM platform which oversees and supports all efforts of Resource Development team
- Maintain and implement Data Governance and Data Standards for the entire organization
- Day-to-day management of information technology including Andar360, integration services and business intelligence tools
- Responsible for facilitation and support of cross organizational data needs by creating and improving data, reporting and Business Intelligence processes
- Ongoing training of staff in the use of reporting and usage of DATA/CRM platform
- Aid in processing paper-based pledge workplace campaign donations and pledges in Andar360
- Produce electronic and paper-based donor acknowledgement and thank you correspondence.
- Produce annual Leadership donor letters in coordination with Marketing team and under direction of Director of Resource Development
- Produce and ensure accuracy of all reports pertaining to all Resource Development efforts
- Perform end-of-campaign analysis of donors, giving trends, donor churn, donor loss and donor recovery
Annual Portfolio Advancement
- Gain market intelligence and assist in develop corresponding strategies that lead to increased market and company penetration and improved forecasting accuracy
- In collaboration with the Resource Development team will create annual account plans and action steps needed to engage accounts on a year-round basis with UWDC and to secure additional financial support for UWDC
- Aid with identifying opportunities to steward relationships with individual Major and Planned Gift Donors
- Serve as the year-round point of contact and strategic consultant for assigned portfolio of accounts and relationships
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the active community investors by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size, and regularly communicating about UWDC investments and the community impact those investments are making
- Assist & provide support for all resource development special events & programs, including but not limited to strategic planning, setup, execution and after event analysis
Volunteer & External Relationship Management
- Aid in developing, motivating and managing volunteers, including Board members, to assist in generating increased revenue
· Develop a deeper connection within the community around traditional fundraising activities such as employee giving campaigns and individual leadership giving
· In collaboration with the Director of Resource Development, inspire a group of Campaign Ambassadors to greater generosity of time, influence, and money. Connect Campaign Ambassadors to the valuable role they play in creating Community Impact through successful employee giving campaigns, year-round communication, increased volunteerism, and advocacy
· Connect volunteers to the Community Impact work to increase financial support of UWDC through workforce campaigns, individual contributors, and new business opportunities
Cross Functional Team Collaboration
- Work effectively with other functions at UWDC to be able to provide appropriate support and value to partners
- Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with other organizations and individuals
- Participate in end-of-campaign analysis of giving trends within assigned account portfolio
- Maintain & update resource development content on UWDC’s website and in the database
- Aid in preparing bank deposits for UWDC in accordance with segregated duties policies
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Effective oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals or organizations in an effective manner
- Ability to think strategically with proven, strong ability to execute on plan in a timely basis
- Ability to take initiative and be creative in thinking and solutions
- Organized and able to plan and think strategically
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage ambiguity and change
- Ability to achieve expectations of position key accountabilities effectively and a strong desire and aptitude to be part of a team environment
- Confident and self-aware, able to work positively with others
- Maintains a positive, solutions-focused approach
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency with ANDAR 360 and/or other fundraising software application strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Previous experience working with databases, data problem research and complex query development
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Word applications and competence in the use of information technology
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, provide proof of insurance, own a mobile phone and be able to travel throughout Denton County as required to fulfill the duties of the position
- Must pass criminal background check
Please send cover letter and resume to Kristin Jones, Director of Resource Development, at Kristin@UnitedWayDenton.org or 1314 Teasley Lane, Denton TX 76205.
United Way of Denton County values diversity and promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing guidelines and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against with respect to national origin, race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, or age.