STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
The Resource Development Officer is accountable for achieving fundraising goals with a portfolio of corporate campaign accounts, individual donors of all levels, including major gifts, and other fundraising sources, including grants. This individual is responsible for creating year-round strategies designed to build and maintain superior relationships, cultivate new donors and prospects and inform and communicate the impact of United Way in Ottawa County.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets.
- Inspire and mobilize individual and corporate donors to give, advocate and volunteer by discovering their interests. Utilize knowledge gathered from donor meetings to develop and implement year-round strategies to engage donors with involvement and active participation.
- Continue current grant writing initiatives and research potential sources for new grants.
- Regular communication with all major donors.
- Particular focus on cultivating and building relationships with high net worth individuals.
- Create and lead 1-2 fundraising events each year.
- Work with appropriate staff to create and implement a prospect research and prospect management strategy. (Moves Management)
- Utilize Andar to support data-informed decision-making about workplace accounts, analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth and develop work plans which maximize potential for giving. Record all donor conversations, interests and follow-up in the Andar database.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four (4) years’ experience and proven success in working with outside sales and/or marketing accounts, fundraising, or relationship building.
- Experience working with major gift fundraising.
- Established relationships and knowledge of potential donors and the local communities.
- Experience moving between the corporate world, the small business/family-owned business perspective, and high net worth individuals.
- Or, a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
Excellent communication and relationship skills, including writing and speaking.
- Proven ability to work with people, to listen and learn their priorities, and build relationships.
- Works appropriately and enthusiastically with others and responds appropriately.
- Knowledge of business and social community.
- Strong marketing skills and media savvy.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Strong ability to analyze data. Ability to learn and become proficient in use of relevant software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Alison Falls E: email@example.com C: 419-262-3717