Immediate Opening: United Way of Windham County is seeking a full time Director of Development to create and oversee the implementation of a strategic fundraising plan, which includes major gifts, planned giving, workplace campaigns, corporate donations, events and in-kind resources. The ideal candidate will maximize public awareness of the mission and work of United Way of Windham County through a strategic marketing and communication plan.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will continue to review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
United Way of Windham County strives to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of the community.
United Way of Windham County values diversity, equity, inclusion, innovation, and adaptability. These core values shape the organizations approach to its work and align with its commitment to the community. United Way of Windham County strives to represent the community, connect resources to the greatest need, empower grassroots efforts, and hold a big picture, forward-thinking vision to guide its work.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
United Way of Windham County is committed to guaranteeing equitable opportunity to all qualified applicants and to all employees. We will not discriminate with respect to initial appointment, advancement, and general working conditions against any person regardless of their age, race, biological sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religious or political affiliation, or disabilities. United Way of Windham County is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ applicants, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply, recognizing and respecting those diverse perspectives and experiences are valuable to our team and essential to fully serving our community.