United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha, & Pierce Counties seeks a Development Manager to provide oversight of resource development including annual fundraising, campaign, special events, and sponsorships.
The Mission of United Way of Goodhue, Wabasha & Pierce Counties is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities in Goodhue and Wabasha Counties, Minnesota and Western Pierce County, Wisconsin. We unite people and resources to build a stronger community focused on the three pillars of education, basic needs, and health. United Way recruits people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. To learn more visit www.unitedwaygwp.org
The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director and cultivates donor relationships with individuals and organizations to encourage increased participation and giving.
Preferred qualifications include bachelor’s degree; 2 years’ experience in fund development, business development or sales; demonstrated business communication, organization, and planning skills; entrepreneurial and innovative thinking; ability to present information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms; ability to plan and manage multiple tasks; proficient with Microsoft Office applications; experience with customer resource management (CRM) application(s); and ability to get self to outside meetings.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000 (Salary range established by UW-GWP)
For full position description, visit Unitedwaygwp.org/careers
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications for the position via email to email@example.com no later than Friday, October 6, 2023.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.