Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
The Development Manager is responsible for maximizing the corporate donor experience through strategic retention and expansion of new corporate relationships.
Achieve annual revenue goals by executing growth strategies with a special focus on pursuing new opportunities. This position requires the candidate to be confident working with all levels of corporate donors, including C-Suite. They will also need to possess the ability to strengthen current relationships and build new business pipeline by leveraging existing decision-maker relationships, United Way events, creative lead generation techniques and other networking opportunities.
The candidate must work cross-functionally to leverage and enhance donor and prospect engagement, utilize data base management and manage total portfolio to achieve financial and non-financial goals.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with the Director of Corporate Engagement and Chief Development Officer to set and execute long-term cross-functional strategic plans for select corporate partners, utilizing data analytics to drive metrics and best practices. Plans should include benchmark milestones on financial results, relationship development goals, year-long engagement and donor stewardship processes.
- Manage a portfolio of 20 to 40 corporate partnerships.
- Establish and maintain a qualified pipeline, focused on achieving goals and stretch goals to support enhanced revenue streams.
- Oversee, plan and execute annual workplace fundraising initiatives to achieve revenue goals.
- Create and execute targeted plans for key accounts. Provide a high level of sales strategy and professional presentations to major accounts.
- Focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding current and prospective corporate donors, as well as, increasing employee engagement within the organization
- Have strong written and oral presentations skills.
- Establish and sustain a network of relationships within companies including CEOs, senior executives and other employees while providing support in the planning and execution of successful fundraising initiatives including annual workplace campaigns, sponsorships, corporate gifts, matching donations.
- Engage companies and individuals in volunteerism and educational opportunities.
- Maintain account financial projections, donor engagement visits and other key campaign metrics. Provide regular and accurate reporting.
- Be knowledgeable about all fundraising platforms and tools available to corporate partners and guide use of these platforms to meet organizational goals
Volunteer and Individual Relationship Management:
- Achieve relationship management performance goals by conducting donor engagement visits throughout the year
- Capture, enter and maintain relevant stakeholder information in database. Effectively embrace and utilize the CRM technology solution to manage relationships
- Staff Campaign volunteers, providing direction, communication and materials throughout the campaign to ensure their success
- Promote and support membership in United Way’s Tocqueville and Leadership Giving Societies, as well as Affinity Groups, by developing relationships with key donors, driving attendance to events and maintaining consistent communication throughout the year
- Support the work and goals of the Volunteer and Community Engagement team. Partner with volunteer engagement team to connect company representatives and individual with volunteer projects throughout the year
- Work closely with Campaign volunteers, providing communication and materials throughout the campaign to ensure their success
- Work closely with Community Impact team to promote and fund United Way’s community impact work through unrestricted gifts to the Community Impact Fund and targeted gifts to specific programs
- Champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and improvement while upholding the values of the organization
- Support the work and goals of development operations which manages campaign programs including Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) training, Community Builders, materials development, etc. Help deliver training program as needed
- Participate in, and take a leadership role in other departmental and organizational opportunities and initiatives as requested
- Serve as an active member of civic or professional association locally that will help to increase visibility of United Way and build new relationships
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business, marketing or non-profit management or related field preferred.
- Three to five years of business to business sales management or fundraising experience preferred. Non-profit board experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including WORD, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Delivers effective individual and group presentations which are powerful and impactful to drive financial support of United Way of Northeast Florida
- Skilled in developing key and relationships with individuals while building rapport quickly to deliver results.
- Demonstrate sense of urgency, ability to independently determine priorities, maintain activity on a number of projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively, act innovatively and embrace change
- Ability to work in virtual and office environments
- High levels of organization and prioritization
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, goal-oriented, team environment
- Sound judgment, discretion and commitment. Maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- The successful candidate will be mature, highly motivated, and team-oriented, with the highest ethical standards and ability to drive results
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.