Note: This position will be hired at the Manager or Director level commensurate with experience of the candidate.
Development Director is responsible for developing, implementing and analyzing fundraising processes that create growth in dollars raised to invest in solutions to reduce generational poverty in Greensboro NC. The Development Director will be assigned a portfolio of accounts totaling approximately to enhance relationships, cultivate and grow. The position is measured based on outcomes that lead to greater awareness about the work of United Way, donor engagement and increased contributions. The Development Director will collaborate with colleagues, donors, and volunteers to support community impact.
- Portfolio manager for of United Way Workplace Campaigns. $2,000,000
- Educate community members about the issue of generational poverty and the impact of United Way through presentations to diverse groups including company representatives, individual prospects, community groups, forums, etc.
- Analyze corporate partnerships through workplace campaign history to develop an annual action plan that maximizes fundraising efforts and relationships.
- Research and analyze donor giving history, trends, and relationship opportunities while maintaining complete and accurate data in CRM database (ANDAR) for all prospects/donors.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Resource Development team to assist in successfully conducting workplace campaigns, special events, and requests for corporate gifts to achieve annual goals.
- Collaborate with workplace campaign teams to develop goals and action plans to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Effectively manages one temporary fundraising staff during peak volume of the campaign.
- Follow through with appropriate messages and information pre and post meetings, events, emails, calls, and contributions.
- Positively represent UWGG at networking activities, events, strategic partners and other outside activities that contribute to relationship building and visibility.
- Perform other general and administrative duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Willingness to study the issue of poverty and become an advocate for solutions.
- Strong sales/fundraising experience and skills.
- Willingness to meet and engage existing and new business partners.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills.
- Organized with strong planning and follow-up skills.
- Ability to think and respond quickly to the needs of the workplace campaign.
- Influence others without authority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in-person, virtual and via phone, and a positive customer service attitude.
- Ability to lead, train and manage volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Strong planning and organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data using Excel as well as maintain accurate data records in CRM database (Andar).
- Ability to function effectively in a diverse, fast-paced and changing work environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 4 years related work experience in fundraising or sales
- Experience with human services or social impact organization’s as an employee or volunteer
- Experience collaborating with business professionals
- Proficient Computer Skills – Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; database experience; internet research