Position Title: Development Database Administrator
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: $73,000 - $78,000 annually, with consideration given for experience above the minimum requirements.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Mile High United Way is based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205, however this role will be entirely remote.
How You'll Help:
The Development Database Administrator supports the Database Architect with administration, support, ongoing development, business analytics and documentation as it relates to Mile High United Way's data warehouse, other data systems and strategic goals. Delivers the highest level of support to internal customers. Documents, prioritizes, addresses and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution. Works with other teams to improve service, user knowledge and user self-sufficiency. Contributes to the completion of small, medium and large projects. Researches and learns best practices for solutions to a variety of technical problems of introductory scope and complexity.
- Support and administer data systems using a GUI: access, permissions, backups, performance, etc.
- Manage support requests through a helpdesk ticketing system
- Manage tasks in a team planning system
- Monitor data integrity and reliability
- Monitor data integration systems and API endpoints
- Write queries
- Generate ad hoc reports
- Design and develop publishable reports
- Design and develop automations and data integrations
- Work within feedback loops to develop, test and redevelop reports, automations and data integrations
- Write technical documentation
- Draw process diagrams and data flows
- Associate's degree or equivalent education focused on computer science, information systems or engineering; or up-to-date certifications in database- and systems-related technologies
- Minimum combined total of 2 years of experience administering information systems and developing solutions among these preferred technologies: Server operating systems (Microsoft Windows Server), database services (Microsoft SQL Server), report-writing or business intelligence software (SSRS, Salesforce, Power BI, Power Query, Excel), visual development or workflow software (SSIS, Microsoft Power Automate), query and imperative programming languages (TSQL, MDX, DAX, C#), development environments (Visual Studio, SVN)
Special Skills / Knowledge:
- Good focusing, troubleshooting, organization and communication skills
- Basic ability to locate, reference, read, understand and write technical documents
- Basic understanding of software development life cycles (Agile Kanban)
- Basic ability to gather requirements and plan the detailed steps needed to complete small reporting, automation or data integration projects
- Ability to work quickly with a mouse and keyboard (touch-typing)
- Ability to use common word processing and spreadsheet software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to communicate using cloud systems and share files effectively (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
Working Environment: Typical office environment; remote with potentially multiple daily check-ins
Physical Activities: Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.