Responsible for coordinating multiple fundraising activities and priorities in a fast-paced Resource Development office. Primary responsibilities include supporting workplace campaigns including managing a portfolio of campaigns, making presentations to small and large audiences, and distributing campaign literature. The Development Coordinator also assists with various administrative tasks such as managing volunteers, scheduling meetings, and special event logistics. The position reports to the Vice President for Resource Development and supports the Campaign Director.
• Assists with the management of workplace campaigns by visiting campaign sites and organizing campaign related activities and materials.
• Serves as a liaison to key campaign volunteers
• Manages the distribution of campaign materials
• Coordinates internal and external meetings by scheduling and confirming meetings, securing locations, sending meeting notices, confirming attendance, and recording, transcribing, and distributing meeting minutes.
• Organizes and retrieves gift documentation by accessing various web interfaces and providing staff with accurate and timely information.
• Conducts basic prospect research and prepares profiles, updates records in the donor database management system, and provides other campaign reports as requested.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related administrative duties including assisting with mailings, photocopying, monitoring supplies, faxing, sourcing phone calls, electronic filing, and other assignments as requested.
• Proactively understands the goals of the organization and how to effectively communicate them to the community
• Entry Level Position.
• Solid computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) including mailmerge proficiency.
• Excellent organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written), positive, proactive can-do attitude, customer relations focus, and strong community service ethic.
• Comfortable asking for donations
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for regional travel within Dutchess and Orange Counties
• Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information in a professional manner.
To apply, please send résumé, cover letter, three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefits, professional development opportunities and strong potential for career advancement. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please no phone calls or visits.