The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Resource Development staff in increasing donor acquisition and decreasing donor attrition through database management, individual and corporate donor acknowledgement, assisting with donor relations and administrative support. The Development Coordinator will help the Department’s efforts to build and cultivate relationships with public and private organizations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic support of United Way’s vision, mission, services, and programs.
Reporting to the AVP of Major Gifts, this position requires a high degree of self-direction and initiative to be successful and get the job done. All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
Salary: $19.23 hr./$40,000 annual
United Way offers competitive wages and a generous benefits packet with employer contributions for full time employees including medical, dental, 401K, HRA, PTO, 12 paid holidays, and opportunities for educational and professional development. For more information about our organization, see www.unitedwaytucson.org.
- Manage CRM database, generating leads and reports, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of account data. Provide accurate reports and meet project deadlines.
- Working with the Director of Donor Relations to execute recognition strategies for Resource Development accounts, affinity groups, and volunteers.
- Provides support to mail campaigns from beginning to end, taking initiative to achieve timely acknowledgements with current donors and appropriate contact with prospective donors. This includes being the Post Office liaison.
- Support Resource Development through picking up donations and dropping off campaign materials to various donors and prospects.
- Provide administrative support to the team including writing handwritten thank you cards, mailing different levels of Welcome Packets, data cleanup, verifying pledges have been paid, and donor research.
- Ensure requests for information from internal staff, donors, volunteers, and others are responded to in a positive and timely manner.
- Generate donor invoices and acknowledgements, satisfy donor requirements, and meet deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer/donor service, ensuring requests for information from internal staff, donors, volunteers, and others are responded to in a positive and timely manner.
- Become proficient at CRM database, with ability to manipulate data and create reports and mailing lists.
- Assist RD team to coordinate RD activities, schedules, events and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Assist Directors with the creation and tracking of purchase orders and expenditure reports.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment for use in presentations and various other functions.
- Perform duties in accordance with UWTSA policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports, rotating as a receptionist, and covering switchboard, as assigned.
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate’s Degree in Business Management, Project Management, or closely related field or a combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Two or more years of experience in customer service or related support role.
- Customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership, team building, time management and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated skills using Google and Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task. Must possess the highest-level organization skills and the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to research and access information about donors, foundations, corporations, and other funding opportunities.
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- During specific times of the year, the employee is required to visit a variety of direct service settings across the community. Additional mobility is required during this activity.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle and able to occasionally lift to 25 pounds.
The United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. We champion diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon hire and/or prior to starting employment with us, the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of COVID vaccination or provide proof of eligibility for medical exemption.