Development Coordinator / Resource Development
This is a primarily in-house position responsible for supporting Workplace Campaign Resource Development staff in increasing donor acquisition and decreasing donor attrition through database management, individual and corporate donor acknowledgement, assisting with donor relations development and processing donations.Support the Resource Development effort to develop and cultivate relationships with public and private organizations, foundations, and individuals for philanthropic support of United Way’s vision, mission, services, and programs.
Reporting to the AVP of Annual Campaign giving, this position requires a high degree of self-direction, initiative and leading to be successful and get the job done. All United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona (UWTSA) programs and strategies work toward eliminating racial, ethnic, and socio-economic disparities for an educated, thriving, and equitable community.
- Support the AVP and Development Officers to meet and/or exceed Annual Campaign goals.
- Manage CRM database, generating leads and reports, and ensuring accuracy and timeliness of account data.
- Execute recognition strategies for Resource Development accounts, affinity groups, and volunteers.
- Coordinate and manage mail campaign from beginning to end, taking initiative to achieve timely acknowledgements with current donors and appropriate contact with prospective donors.
- Support Resource Development through extensive research of new and prospective donors.
- Department liaison with Finance and data processing team to accurately process workplace and accounting processes in a timely manner.
Customer Relationship Management
- Ensure requests for information from internal staff, donors, volunteers and others are responded to in a positive and timely manner.
- Generate donor invoices and acknowledgements, satisfy donor requirements and meet deadlines.
- Provide excellent customer/donor service, ensuring requests for information from internal staff, donors, volunteers and others are responded to in a positive and timely manner.
- Become proficient at CRM database, with ability to manipulate data and create reports and mailing lists.
- Provide accurate reports and meets project deadlines.
- Effectively present information to team and external customers.
- Create, modify and maintain routine and special letters, newsletters, memos and reports using word processing, database, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Assist RD team and AVP to coordinate RD activities, schedules and other administrative tasks, as needed.
- Prioritizes responsibilities and assignments and completes timely reports.
- Creates, modifies and maintains routine and special letters, newsletters, memos and reports using word processing, database, spreadsheet and other software packages.
- Assist Directors with the creation and tracking of purchase orders and expenditure reports.
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment for use in presentations and various other functions.
- Perform duties in accordance with UWTSA policies and procedures such as attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports, rotating as a receptionist, covering switchboard, and faxing documents, as assigned.
Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- We prefer an Associates Degree or higher, and/or at least 3 years' experience in customer service or a related support role.
- Customer service, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, leadership, team building, time management and motivational skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated skills using Google and Windows-based software, including Internet browsers, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task. Must possess high level organization skills and the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to research and access information about donors, foundations, corporations and other funding opportunities.
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful situations, negotiate and resolve conflicts, maintain confidentiality and to respect and observe organizational protocol.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- During specific times of the year, the employee is required to visit a variety of direct service settings across the community. Additional mobility is required during this activity.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, daily access to reliable vehicle and able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Please apply: https://apply.unitedwaytucson.org