UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The Development Associate is responsible for assisting all donor relations activities and providing support for key fundraising efforts and donor community building. This position works closely with front-line fundraisers and leadership to achieve major giving goals and stewardship of donors. The Development Associate works collaboratively with the overall department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Support the growth of donor communities, including the Tocqueville Society, Visionary Circle Community and Leadership Community. Support includes customized correspondence; meeting strategy, preparation, and logistics; designing meeting materials and presentations, reporting and analyzing data, and tracking progress and actions in the CRM system.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all major gift prospects in order to successfully coordinate fundraising activities, including tracking progress using notes, actions, and reports in United Way’s CRM System.
• Process gifts for key donors and act as a liaison between the Resource Development and Processing Teams, Finance Team, and IT/Data Team to troubleshoot issues and ensure processes and plans are being followed.
• Execute acknowledgement process for all donors at priority giving levels.
• Responsible for drafting and creating custom letters, funding proposals, program related collateral, and reports associated with major donors and major gift priorities.
• Support various donor events throughout the year.
• Support the Resource Development Team and their work to build strong donor communities.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Two or more years of development or related experience
• Strong analytical skills are required
• Candidate is a highly motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely with colleagues of all levels of the organization
• Excellent computer and phone skills are required, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and relational databases
• Candidate must be a strategic thinker, strong writer, excellent proofreader, and highly attentive to detail
• Candidate must be a proactive, team player who can support the Resource Development Team to build strong donor communities
• Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com and note: Development Associate in the subject line.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.