Position Summary: The Development Associate (Coordinator) works as part of the Resource Development team providing key operational and administrative support to assigned Development Officers and staff.
The statements below reflect the items considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Information and Process Management
• Process and handle campaign results and pledge payments with accuracy and timeliness including “Special Handling” accounts which may require specialized acknowledgements and stewardship for select donors. Obtain campaign results, prepare pledge and payment envelopes and resolve problems.
• Create, maintain and update donor data in organizational (ANDAR) database. Proof updates for accuracy.
• Run reports through ANDAR including standard and ad-hoc requests.
• Provide timely information, input and responses as requested to support collection and management of department data information.
• Complete background information, compile standard reports and coordinate materials for inclusion for presentations/visits. Complete follow-up contact reports and update ANDAR.
Administrative Support and Stewardship
• Provide comprehensive administrative support and office management to assigned Development Officers and staff including, but not limited to: preparing and mailing invoices; preparing mailing lists; preparing, editing and proofing correspondence, proposals, acknowledgements and PowerPoint presentations; and scheduling appointments and meetings.
• Coordinate campaign material orders and assist in development, logistics and facilitation of campaign kick-off events. Attend events and provide support if needed.
• Handle and respond to telephone calls, visitors, and correspondence and provide information to solve customers’ needs (both internal and external).
Stewardship, Recognition & Acknowledgement
• Create, review, and coordinate the delivery of acknowledgement letters for corporate gifts, sponsorships, and special gifts and initiatives.
• Enter and track recognition in ANDAR for corporate gifts, sponsorships and special gifts and initiatives.
Special Project Areas
• Take lead responsibility for selected projects/processes aligned with team and departmental goals.
• Account management for a limited number of workplace campaigns.
• Provide support and training to Loaned Executives (Temporary Fundraising Staff).
• Assist with and attend events and volunteer initiatives; coordination of select volunteer projects.
• Basic grant writing for corporate gift proposals.
• Office management (for suburban locations).
Leadership, Management and Development
• Foster relationships with key contacts, internally and externally, in support of the Resource Development team.
• Demonstrate leadership within the department and the organization by actively contributing energy, ideas and expertise.
• Demonstrate full ownership and accountability for direct responsibilities. Seek clarity as needed to complete in a timely manner.
• Proactively seek professional and personal development opportunities.
• Participate in all learning sessions offered to Resource Development staff. Study written materials.
• Proactively seek information from colleagues as appropriate for customers.
• Effectively communicate the Community Impact message.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & OTHER KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Two (2) to five (5) years of development, administrative or customer service experience.
• Prior development experience preferred
• BS or BA degree in Business or Social Sciences preferred, or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Donor management/relational database software experience desirable.
• Project management experience desirable.
• Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to function independently and as an active team member.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong customer service telephone skills.
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
• Ability to work collaboratively across departments.
• Basic logic and problem-solving skills; some critical thinking abilities.
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
Applicants as well as employees who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.