United Way of Broward County fights for the health, education and financial prosperity of every person in our county.
General Description: This position provides development coordination in conjunction with the development team including, but not limited to: events and meetings, Database, donor communications, moves management. Responsibilities will also include maintaining department calendar, supporting fundraising efforts, and assisting the VPMG with general activities to ensure the smooth operation of the overall Major Gifts department. The Development Associate will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Primary Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage calendar of events, meetings, and donor communications for Development;
- Update and maintain the integrity of all constituent records in ANDAR
- Provide relevant materials enabling coordinated research planning, supporting both organizational development projects and unit fund raising priorities.
- Work closely with development team to increase individual giving and promote sponsorship opportunities for events and programs;
- Ensure that gift acknowledgements and donor communications are sent in a timely manner including the coordination of event thank yous;
- Oversee and coordinate low to mid-level meetings and events (approx. 100pp or less); as well as support high level meetings and events.
- Organize and track Major Gift folders in the shared drive ensuring they are organized and properly labeled.
- Responsible for organizing, managing and coordinating all aspects of the Major Gift leadership and staff meetings in regards to: Meeting room logistics and scheduling, preparing and sending agendas, meeting notices, printed/visual aids, taking and transcribing minutes, ordering food, compiling and distributing reports and exhibits used in these meetings if applicable.
- Confidentially and tactfully provides all aspects of administrative support to the VP, Major Gifts including but not limited to: completing expense reports, arranging travel plans/itineraries and agendas, managing extremely active calendar of appointments and scheduling using good judgment and thoughtful planning including meeting details of location, directions, screening incoming calls and correspondence.
- Other projects, as needed.
Other Job Duties:
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials, and uses judgment and tact in dealing with internal and external inquiries.
- Understand the United Way of Broward concept, mission, purpose, philosophy and background to handle routine calls from public in an effective and diplomatic way.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with staff, board members, major donors, volunteers, agency representatives, and guests of the VPMG.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet scheduled deadlines; adjusts personal schedule to assure completion of tasks, assignments, etc.
- Works only under general supervision; uses discretion and judgment in the performance of daily duties.
- Exhibits leadership and initiative in work habits and adhering to UWBC policies.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the VPMG.
- Due to the leadership role United Way is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all United Way staff will be fully engaged in the organization's crisis plan and response efforts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience working in non-profit agencies with fundraising software programs highly preferred.
- Knowledge of word processing equipment and computers with proficiency required in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, and other related computer programs as needed
- Strong customer service skills and ability to multitask a must.
- Typing skills, with a high degree of accuracy excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills; ability to proofread accurately. Excellent telephone presence and good organizational skills required.
- Initiative, analytical ability, high interpersonal relations and the ability to effectively communicate.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Excels at customer service – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness in order to deepen relationships and advance UWBC’s mission.
- Drives for results – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- Commits to the organization – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals and culture of UWBC.
- Embraces diversity and inclusion – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas and backgrounds and aligns with United Way’s values.
- Seizes learning – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further United Way’s mission.
- Manages multiple projects and tasks – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- Personifies teamwork – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.