Join Our Team! Career Opportunity
As the Development Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise on the organization’s Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), research and data analytics, quality assurance and other administrative duties to support United Way’s annual fundraising. This position will also help support strategies aimed at increasing resources raised to support organizational goals.
What you’ll do:
- Acts as department “super user” proving expertise on organization’s CRM and provides on-going training to staff in coordination with Director of Workplace Giving.
- Assists Director of Workplace Giving and Chief Operating Officer with strategies to increase revenue and tracking tasks to achieve department goals.
- Schedules all Development department internal and external group and committee meetings and provides logistical set up and coordination.
- Maintains accurate company and individual donor records in CRM. Assists with campaign data management and provides reports for statistical analysis.
- Processes fundraising campaign transactions such as, match requests and workplace contributions.
- Provides research and reconciliation for third-party processed accounts to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Identifies methods to streamline administrative processing for department.
- Coordinates the ordering and delivery of marketing and promotional items to support workplace campaigns.
- Responsible for organization and management of campaign inventory and supply room to ensure adequate supplies are available to support workplace campaigns.
- Attends internal and external meetings and functions and is responsible for meeting notes/minutes, as needed.
- Assists with campaign data management and provides reports as needed; to include but not limited to compilation of recognition names for leadership giving roster and statistical analysis using United Way tools provided.
- Supports fundraising direct mail solicitations.
- Maintains accurate company and individual donor records in CRM database.
- Assists with annual Employee Campaign Coordinator training program and special event coordination.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to Resource Development department. Provides front desk coverage.
- Associate degree or related experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft CRM systems and Office Suite, including Excel is essential.
- Ability to understand and analyze data and develop reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines, with the ability to react and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Must possess the highest level of organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing 1) their qualifications and experiences 2) salary requirements, and 3) how they learned about the position to:
United Way of Central and Northeastern CT
30 Laurel Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut is an equal opportunity employer M / F / D / V.