ORANGE COUNTY UNITED WAY
Job Title: Desktop Support Administrator
Reporting To: Vice President Operations & IT
Position: Full-Time/ Exempt
Purpose of Position
The Desktop Support Administrator will support the end-user computer needs for functionality, systems updates and hardware deployments. The role provides support to Orange County United Way teams by providing user assistance and training on both systems and applications used by the organization.
End-user and system support is provided for both onsite and remote employees, the need to troubleshoot and fix problems will occur regularly using remote connectivity tools.
The position will also be responsible for hardware and software deployments, inventory controls, user training on systems and applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide desktop systems and user support to ensure required computer capabilities are available to all users
- Develop and provide systems and software training to the end-users
- Manage trouble tickets and ensure customer satisfaction
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software for local and remote users
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT desktops, components and equipment
- Maintain documentation on all desktop processes and procedures
- Ensure that application and system updates are in place
- Deploy, implement, troubleshoot and support the workforce environment
- Monitor the ongoing operation of the Windows environment
- Identify risk and challenges and implements corrective actions as needed
- Performs related work as assigned
- Strong computer software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of networking and troubleshooting skills
- Effective writing skills to develop training materials, and document processes and procedures
- Ability to multitask and adapt to fast-paced support demands
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and work with users
Job Requirements /Technical Knowledge
- Skilled in Windows 10 environments
- Microsoft Office tools, Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects and Teams
- Networking and troubleshooting skills
- Computer software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- User desktop support
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite.
Physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is required to actively listen and communicate clearly. The employee is required to stand and publically speak. The employee is required to walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, twist, lean, move from one location to another, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close and far. Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift files and reports is required. Employee must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
Send Resumes To:
Orange County United Way
18012 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614