ABOUT DAY OF CARING
Day of Caring is a signature United Way event where United Ways around the world unite individuals and volunteers to work on service projects throughout their communities. This year, United Way of Northern Utah is matching corporate partners who wish to engage their employees through volunteerism to a project that benefits one of our nonprofit partners. This position will be instrumental in helping to broaden our reach and impact for Day of Caring. This position will work with the Resource Development team to create a formal structure to operationalize our annual Day of Caring event to include 10 service projects.
- Assist Resource Development team in updating systems and processes for the new Day of Caring engagement model.
- Research other UW’s in identifying best practices.
- Identify systems and processes for event planning.
- Create reference manual for Day of Caring event planning.
- Assist Resource Development team in coordinating Day of Caring projects.
- Research and identify partner projects.
- Recruit potential partner projects.
- Assist with developing marketing materials to promote partner projects.
- Assist with activities and tasks to support partner projects.
- Assist Resource Development team in volunteer recruitment efforts for identified Day of Caring projects.
- Research and identify volunteer prospects.
- Assist with developing marketing materials to recruit volunteers.
- Assist with activities and tasks to support volunteer relationship management.
- Documented processes for future event planning for Day of Caring events
- At least 10 individual projects will be promoted
- At least 200 volunteers will register for Day of Caring projects
- At least 5 corporate partners will engage their employees
- 18 years old
- High school diploma
- Preferred candidate is one that is working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Communications & Marketing, Social and Behavioral Science, or another related field and is seeking internship credit
United Way of Northern Utah is able to offer this internship for students going to college looking to receive credit. Internships are 180 hours which equates to 15 hours per week for approximately 3 months. Upon completion, students could be eligible to receive a stipend between $500 to $800.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nicole Hopkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org