United Way of the Plains (Wichita, KS) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Job Opportunity: Database Support Manager -Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Coordinated Entry Position
The Database Support Manager is a full-time position and is responsible for providing end-user support and training on the HMIS database, as well as providing assistance to the HMIS administrator.
The successful candidate for this position is one who thrives on solving challenging problems, balances empathy and pragmatism, and is looking to define what the next generation of homelessness support related impact programs can look like while simultaneously maintaining laser focus on our mission. The position requires a change agent who runs towards challenging problems to help craft innovative solutions in partnership with community stakeholders. This position requires a strong team member who is outward facing, approachable, and engaging in order to build a new and better future for all citizens of our community. Additionally, regardless of role or team, every United Way of the Plains employee must be able to demonstrate our core values: Community, Collaboration, Leadership, People, Diversity, Advocacy and Stewardship. These values shape our internal behaviors and communicate to our various stakeholders who we are and what we stand for.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Be relationship focused. Facilitate and maintain strategic alliances/partnerships with public, private and non-profit organizations to develop, integrate, and implement program priorities.
- Provide technical support to the users of HMIS in the daily operations of the system.
- Provide new user training in the operation of the HMIS system.
- Engage with vendors of HMIS related software, along with the rest of the HMIS team, to ensure smooth operations of the HMIS system.
- Participate in ongoing communications with the rest of the HMIS team to maintain the highest level of quality service to stakeholders of the HMIS project.
- Assist the HMIS team with the implementation and upkeep of technical solutions including but not limited to computer equipment and computer software.
- Stay current with changes in the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) department's manuals and technical guides, and assist with periodic compilation of reports
Minimum requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least one year experience working in the community with homeless causes.
- Proficiency using computers, including MS Office, the Internet, and databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship and team-building skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Effective and articulate speaking skills.
- Comfortable with the operation of computer equipment and software such as Microsoft Office applications (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Naturally curious and self-motivated in a never-ending pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interact in a positive way with individuals and groups.
- Must be flexible and multitask oriented; can adapt to changing priorities.
- Can work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Dependable and reliable to meet deadlines; remains calm under pressure.
- Lead by personal example; your word is your bond.
- Servant leader who can positively influence others not under their control.
- Possess excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
Core Competencies for all United Way Professionals
- Mission-Focused: The United Way Professional’s top priority is to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This competency drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: The United Way Professional understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: The United Way Professional understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: The United Way Professional is dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good including creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: The United Way Professional is a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
Visit www.unitedwayplains.org/jobs for instructions on how to submit your information for this position.