United Way of Midland County is accepting applications for a full-time Database Manager. UWMC serves a philanthropic and innovative community that is highly collaborative. You join an organization driven to create measurable and visible results in our community.
This detailed, process driven leader will maintain CRM systems and develop business practices that integrate actionable data into the work of everyone at United Way. Working with Standard Operating Procedures, they will update donor and volunteer records and process pledges. With a customer-service mindset, they are committed to providing high quality experiences for our donors, volunteers, and staff as they build reports, mailing lists, and dashboards.
Focused on continuous improvement, this person oversees and monitors our systems to make sure that our Data Standards are upheld. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a positive impact in our community and wants to be part of the team leading United Way’s digital transformation. They are curious, collaborative, persistent, and not afraid to speak up or try something new.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant position. Strong attention to detail and project management skills. Intermediate Excel skills.
PREFERRED: HTML, CSS, and/or SQL coding background. Account management experience. Proficiency in Salesforce, Andar Software or CRM administration.
- Develop and maintain Data Standards, monitoring systems for compliance
- Determine data architecture, ensuring information is actionable
- Import and maintain data across multiple systems
- Manage account, contact, campaign, and record creation
- Manage duplication identification, merger, and inactivation processes
- Participate in data privacy and security assessments
- Lead data visualization and reporting efforts
- Manage vendor relationships
- Provide ongoing staff training
If you are interested in joining a fun, mission-driven team, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.